The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
sorry for the dubble post but if that is you ridding please dont ever hit a horse on the head like that.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Wow...cracking him on the head sure got the point across *rolls eyes*

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I loved the pony video. That pony could carry a grown man all day and have no problems. They do it in Scotland all the time. That's what shetlands were bred to do.

The other video got my blood boiling. That rider need to get OUT OF THAT HORSE"S MOUTH. She sits back on her hands hitting that bit so hard. No wonder she reared! The rider needs to learn to use her seat and legs, so she won't have only her hands to rely on.

Hitting the horse's ears is ridiculous. I always say violence begins where knowledge ENDS!!

Also, take those doggone draw reins away from her. Is she using them to keep her from rearing? Use crutches instead of training?

Sorry for the rant, but that video got right under my skin.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Her friend videotaped the horse rearing, it wasn't her riding. But that fact that she has a "smiley" face after the description on YouTube kind of alerts me to what kind of equestrian you are if you saw nothing wrong with that outrageous display of cruelty and stupidity. Don't abuse your animal if you're too inexperienced to know how to ride or use equipment properly.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Her friend videotaped the horse rearing, it wasn't her riding. But that fact that she has a "smiley" face after the description on YouTube kind of alerts me to what kind of equestrian you are if you saw nothing wrong with that outrageous display of cruelty and stupidity. Don't abuse your animal if you're too inexperienced to know how to ride or use equipment properly.

:twisted:
LOL! Tell us how you REALLY feel!!

While I might not have said it quite like that, I made my opinion clear.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I agree with everyone on the rearing video. The look on that horse's face is not a happy one, and he very tense. A rearing horse is a horse that feels they can't go forward, so whacking him on the head isn't going to encourage him to move forward.
And draw riens, in my opinion, show just how unfeeling a rider really is and how fixated on headset they are. If somebody can name an actual use for them, or show me a rider using them responsibly, please do so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Agreed.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
:twisted:
LOL! Tell us how you REALLY feel!!

While I might not have said it quite like that, I made my opinion clear.
LOL, sorry, I just cannot STAND watching an animal being mistreated when it's behavior is so clearly the entire fault of the rider. Just makes my blood boil!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Uhm if smacking the horse on the had the first time for rearing and than the horse reared again, I'm pretty sure that hitting her again stops her from rearing.

And I absolutely agree with MacabreMikolaj

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can understand a light tap of your hand on the horses NECK not HEAD! Thats complete bullcrap! That made me cringe when she smaked im with the CROP on the head! I'm firious!!

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Maybe the poster should have given some sort or explanation for the videos, rather than just posting them just to get everyone riled up.

I agree with everyone on that first video. But I would like to add, where are her parents?? If I saw my child or a child that I was in charge of handling a horse like that if a)it were my child I would bust their rear and school them on how to care for the horse and not allow them to ride unsupervised by me or a trainer for some time if I were ever to allow them near it again b) If I were in charge of them they would get a thorough tongue lashing and be reported to the parents and BO, and not allowed to ride unsupervised for some time.

The pony is cute.

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
I'm worried that the rider IS the trainer. She doesn't look like a kid. It bothered me that the person taking the video was chuckling, like they were being entertained. Sad!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'm worried that the rider IS the trainer. She doesn't look like a kid. It bothered me that the person taking the video was chuckling, like they were being entertained. Sad!
You should read the comments on the youtube video. *sad*

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
you should NEVER hit a horse on the head like that! especially with a whip!
at 0:45 im not suprised he reared after she yanked him in the mouth like that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It bothered me too, that the camera person was chuckling! She should have her horse taked away from her!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.