The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am going to be getting ready to go to a schooling show in april and was wondering a few things. I want to show in a halter class but I never can remember where I am suppose to be and where to move when the judge walks around you.

This is also a random question but why is it in western classes you can have colored saddle pads with matching shirts and boots etc but in english classes its biege breeches with black or brown boots, with white shirt and jacket and white saddle pad.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Ok so I am going to be getting ready to go to a schooling show in april and was wondering a few things. I want to show in a halter class but I never can remember where I am suppose to be and where to move when the judge walks around you.
In a halter class, you do not have to move around as the judge inspects your horse.

This is also a random question but why is it in western classes you can have colored saddle pads with matching shirts and boots etc but in english classes its biege breeches with black or brown boots, with white shirt and jacket and white saddle pad.
It goes back to tradition.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The biggest thing to remember in Halter is that your are showing off your horse and make sure you do not stand so you block the judge's view of your horse. It is Showmanship where you move in quadrants as the judge moves.

Have fun and enjoy the show !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.