The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The horse I just sold, Sam, used to squeal when my other one would start eating near her or if she wanted to eat where the other one was eating. This was mainly when she was in season; anyone else's do that?

·
Registered
430 Posts
My mare squealed at me once when I popped her for butting me with her head while I was trying to remove her halter.

A good friend has the sassiest mare, when she first got her she would squeal, pin ears, GLARE whenever you touched her stirrup/girth area or rubbed her neck. It took a while to train her out of this behavior!

·
Registered
282 Posts
My mare squealed at me once when I popped her for butting me with her head while I was trying to remove her halter.

A good friend has the sassiest mare, when she first got her she would squeal, pin ears, GLARE whenever you touched her stirrup/girth area or rubbed her neck. It took a while to train her out of this behavior!

Funny. I have the exact same look when someone ****es me off, or if I'm kicking you out of my store for stealing.

I love her glare though. I don't think I've ever seen a horse try so hard before. Even my grumpy lesson pony doesn't look that mean.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey now my previous post was about squealing some. Not a good show prospect with squealing.... what would I say ohhhh sorry judge that was me your just SO dang HOT!!! She ahhh squeals especially in heat. Squeal when you touch girth, her nose, her ahhhh okay she squeals about everything. When she squeals (young) I do light reprimand and keep at what she is squealing about because it is not pain.... I don't want to reward it..... she does stop then. It is not quite about touching her, I would like to know why because she is enjoying it then squeals looks ****y.... then soon ignores and then new spot same deal..... cripes does everyone else get a laugh out of it!!!! I guess she is just a talkative thing ****!

·
Registered
281 Posts
How do you work on training a horse out of squealing? My trainer doesn't think likely, but can get better about not squealing? Never heard of training on that problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.