The Horse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I bought my first horse in March. She was incredibly overweight due to lack of exercise--she had no rider, and was quite enjoying the life as a pasture puff...on top of being an extremely easy keeper!

I've worked really hard to help her shed some pounds and get back into shape. We still have a bit to go, but the vet is really happy with our progress!

I thought it could be fun to share some photos of her transformation, and to see your horses' transformations as well! It doesn't need to be weight loss...maybe you rehabilitated a rescue horse, worked really hard to grow out a luxurious mane, fixed some horror story hooves, etc.! We should be proud of all the hard work we put into our babies. It's time consuming and often expensive, but so worth it when we see the results!:)

Attachments

Registered
1. Wow, she looks so much better.

2. Not to change the subject, but is she a curly? If not, have you had her tested for Cushings?

3. I have a horse who is doing a lot better since I started taking care of him, but it's a lot of little things, including emotional changes, that don't show up in pictures. It's a great feeling, though, knowing you are helping a horse get better.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Man, she was big! 馃槷

She is looking lovely now. Keep up the great work! 馃檪
Thank you! Lol, she was honestly a whale when I bought her!!

1. Wow, she looks so much better.

2. Not to change the subject, but is she a curly? If not, have you had her tested for Cushings?

3. I have a horse who is doing a lot better since I started taking care of him, but it's a lot of little things, including emotional changes, that don't show up in pictures. It's a great feeling, though, knowing you are helping a horse get better.
Thank you!! She is a registered Curly...so she is naturally a very hairy beast!:)
Emotional changes are huge! That is amazing that you are able to do that for him. There is so much that a little TLC can do.

Looking good!

In my case we didn't have to get weight off, but on. I know for a fact that my mare was fed well, but she just never blossomed...
Both pictures were taken at the same time of the year (no excessive sun bleaching yet).
Wow, she looks amazing, what a great transformation!

Registered
My most dramatic transformation was weight ON, too... my vet could not believe I did this....and wanted to send me horses to rehab. As long as she had known the horse, he looked like this....

Attachments

Registered
Thanks, @tinyliny ! That was mid August to mid November.

I rescued that little herd (obviously, the palomino, Kahlua, and the pony, Bailey, were doing fine...) the Paint legs behind the post belong to my stallion as a yearling. He would have been quite stunted, and the TB speaks for itself.

Registered
My pony was a little fatso when we got him he weighed nearly half a tonne! Unfortunately no photos of difference but he's lost a whopping 90-95 kilos and now weighs around 380 kilos he's come on so well. He's so lovely as well couldn't wish fir a better first pony!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts