The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I will be saying BIG prayers for all of you. I don't like the sound of that fungus (not sure where you are, depending on your location it could be more serious or not) so I will anxiously be looking for updates. No sense in worrying about it until they have a better idea of what is going on. I am so glad they think they can remove the tumor- I know the thought of losing my guy ripped me apart until I was sure it was benign.

To your daughter- I know you said you'd never ride again if you lost Major, but I hope that is just emotion talking. No matter what the outcome here, you have so much love to share with horses and your life will be full of many different horse friends. They will all be lucky to find a life with a family like you guys, who are willing to do everything you can to take care of them!! Best of luck, update us on how he comes through surgery- it will likely be a few days to get biopsy results, but don't leave us hanging over the weekend as to how he did!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
And remember that if the worst does happen and you lose Major, think of all the wonderful days he would never have had if your family had not rescued him. He would have died there at that man's house and never known your love and care.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Okay the vet. removed the tumor, but said in his 32 years he has never seen anything like this.

It was so hard they had to chisel it out, it took 3 1/2 hours for surgery.
He also had an infection on top of the tumor.

Major is up a alert, and should be able to come home Sunday afternoon.

As far as the results we will get them later next week.

Please keep your hoofs crossed (and fingers), that this will not come back.

Thanks again for your support and wishes.

Jeannine

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have just read your story and it had me in tears. you should be so proud of yourself on all your hard work. i hope its good news you get and i wish you all the best.

keep us updated x

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm glad he survived the surgery, that is always the most immediate danger. Now to find out what on earth that tumor was! I will be hoping and praying for a full recovery and for that nasty thing to NEVER ever come back!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Any news on what the tumor was?

·
Registered
2 Posts
this is her daughter the owner of major im so happy the tumor is gone an non cancerous i am not sure what in the world it was. but i hope nobody has to go through all this. major is back at the vet for over night stays hes sick i think my mom said it was because of all the med. he was on but hes supposed to get his stitches removed on the 24th. I am so excited for him to start getting better and coming out on top and over coming a lot again, hes my everything and i just wanna go ride again and have him at home for me to be able to see after school again. and thanks so much for everyone's prays and support though all of this yall really helped out.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey there! I am so very happy to hear about Major. Please give him a hug and kiss from my miracle kids too!!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.