The Horse Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... even I've chosen "No email notification" in my User Control Panel's Default Thread Subscription Mode. Besides that it happens very occasionally, I don't get notifications about every thread.

Can I disable that? It's ok to get emails from administration of HF if they've something that they want to notify, but since it's my official email in which I also receive more official mail, I try to avoid all kind of not so important stuff there.

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please visit your UserCP, click View all subscribed threads at the bottom of the main pane, and unsubscribe from any threads you are subscribed to. Once you are no longer subscribed to threads you should not receive any emails. Please also click Edit Options on the left pane of your UserCP and ensure that your Default thread subscription mode is set to Do not subscribe.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
So if we want to stay subscribed to some threads we will keep receiving emails when new replies are posted?

I like having thread subscriptions as I just go to my usercp if i'm in a rush and look at my subscribed threads - but I would rather not receive the emails.

Or now that i've changed my setting to no email notification, should I unsubscribe and subscribe again and they will stop?

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
You can actually keep all of your existing subscriptions, wild_spot. When you click View all subscribed threads you should see a check box next to each. Select them all and then choose No email notification from the drop down below them. Click Go, and your existing subscriptions will be updated. :)

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
Hi WSArabians,

I had changed your Default Thread Subscription Mode to Do not subscribe for you but it looks like you've changed it to Subscribe with no notification, right? I can't see the list of threads you are subscribed to. I could run a query to unsubscribe you from all of them but I don't want to unsubscribe you from threads you have purposely subscribed to. Can you please check the list of threads you are subscribed to and see if any of them are set to Instant email notification? You can do that by visiting View all Subscribed Threads in your User CP. Here is a direct link to it, http://www.horseforum.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all If any of them are set to Instant email notification you can change it. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've had a similar problem lately, so I figure it's appropriate to post it here.
I've double, AND triple checked that I've not subscribed to anything(besides the rare occasion that I want to keep up with something), and in the past week I've gotten more than a few emails about 'threads I subscribed to' that I have only replied to once, and that was that. Yet, when I went into my subscriptions to double check that I didn't accidentally subscribe, that the past few threads I replied to were all 'magically' subscribed to and I had to manually remove them.

Any idea how this might be happening? Is there a glitch or code mix up with the reply button lately? Or is the cause unknown right now?

·
Registered
18,791 Posts
Hi irydehorses4life,

Please visit your User CP, click Edit Options in the left pane, and change you Default Thread Subscription Mode to Do not reply on the main pane. Afterward, go back to the main page of your User CP by clicking User CP again, and click View all Subscribed Threads in the main pane. There you can unsubscribe from any threads you are subscribed to or change their subscription options so that you do not receive emails when they receive replies.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hi irydehorses4life,

Please visit your User CP, click Edit Options in the left pane, and change you Default Thread Subscription Mode to Do not reply on the main pane. Afterward, go back to the main page of your User CP by clicking User CP again, and click View all Subscribed Threads in the main pane. There you can unsubscribe from any threads you are subscribed to or change their subscription options so that you do not receive emails when they receive replies.
Aha! Thank you Mike! The subscriptions should go away now. :D
...now, I wonder how it got changed to that in the first place?! Hah...the neverending mysteries. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts