The Horse Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
This is gonna be so much fun, even just to watch! Imagine the excitement of getting a surprise gift with goodies for your horse! I would freak out lol!

On that other forum I'm a member, when they do their Secret Santa exchange, the participants take a couple days to go through their match's posts and can thus figure out what the perfect gift for the animal or human is :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
A pound of turkey later... :winetime:
Questionaire is closed.
Everyone has been emailed who they will gift to and the associated questionaire.
If you have not received an email, please PM me so we can sort out any communication issues ASAP

There are ten lovely people participating. Happy holidays to all and happy shopping!
Note to all: Ideally we can all ship our gifts out so that the receivers can enjoy them by christmastime, if life throws a wrench or your gift will be especially late, perhaps let me know and we can either make other arrangements or let your receiver know to expect a later package.
-Lostastirrup

:runninghorse2: :runninghorse2: :runninghorse2:

·
Registered
923 Posts
ummmm, do we identify ourselves or is the gift from 'secret Santa'? Sorry if you've stated this in the thread and I missed it.

Thanks!

Reactions: AnitaAnne

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I can release a list of all participating.
If there's anyone who doesn't wish to be named please pm me, otherwise I'll tag the participants in the morning.

I haven't heard from anyone that they have not gotten an email so everyone should have their people and their lists.

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
Hmm. Will you be releasing the names of the Secret Santas?

Seems like the names should stay secret, at least until Christmas...the element of surprise and anticipation would be lost...

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Sounds like there should be a vote of some kind.

Well for now I can say there are 10 participating. And I suppose we can leave the mystery there.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I was just wondering whether to sign my real name and/or horse forum ID on the present tag (or enclosed card) when I send the gift Vs signing as 'your HF secret Santa". I wasn't asking for a list on this thread. Just to clarify....

Fay

Reactions: egrogan

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
I was just wondering whether to sign my real name and/or horse forum ID on the present tag (or enclosed card) when I send the gift Vs signing as 'your HF secret Santa". I wasn't asking for a list on this thread. Just to clarify....

Fay

I had that question too. I'd be in favor of signing it "HorseForum ID," aka, "Real Name."

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

Fay

I had that question too. I'd be in favor of signing it "HorseForum ID," aka, "Real Name."
I like this idea. In practice it's up to the mailer. If you want to share your ID, HF or otherwise (or you don't) both are alright.

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
In the past when playing Sectet Santa through the mail, we would post pictures of our goodies and try to guess who sent them. Usually in the package the sender might send something that would give a hint on who they were.

Just an idea...a list of the participants might be handy for guessing who sent your gift.

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
After everyone receives their gift, should we all post a picture of the gift(s)??

Then we could guess who sent them, or just post the HF name of the sender

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
So I received my gift from my secret santa yesterday........almost made me late to work as I literally could not wait to open it and wanted to try it on that second....but I waited and made it to work on time.

On my way to work I thought it would be great to show what my gifts were by wearing and holding them while with all 3 horses but again I couldnt wait, so the second I got home from work last night I put on my new pajamas and went out to at least get one horse.....here is the result..... @mslady254 pretty sure you're my secret santa and I thnk you so much! Dont think these gifts would have been any more perfect and my horses absolutely love the treats!!

Attachments

·
Registered
923 Posts
Yes, it was me. So very glad you like the gifts. The PJs look great on you!! just wondering why you didn't share the back view....LOL.. (to everyone else, these long-john PJs have a button flap on the back....) Also, happy that the horses like the treats.

Fay

P.S. edited to add that I tried to remain a secret 'secret Santa', that's how I signed the enclosed card but UPS gave me away by putting my name and address on the label.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts