The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is in the right place--if not, I apologize. :)

I make and sell custom horsehair jewelry. You can choose from one of the pieces I have in stock or send me your horse's hair and let me make a custom piece. I make earrings, bracelets, necklaces, key chains, hair barrettes, even Christmas ornaments. :) There are several different braid styles to choose from and each piece is finished with high quality sterling silver hardware. My website is www.equineexpressionsjewelry.webs.com. Check it out!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just wanted to add--I can make any style you see on my website from your own horse's hair! My jewelry would make a great Chrstmas present, and I'm still accepting custom orders for Christmas. :)

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Very neat - need to go take a closer look when I'm not on the clock. This would be a great thing for my DD -- how long is the turn around on product with our own horse's hair?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very neat - need to go take a closer look when I'm not on the clock. This would be a great thing for my DD -- how long is the turn around on product with our own horse's hair?
Once I get the hair, I can have the jewelry finished in a few days. Sometimes it's not even that long, depending on how many orders I'm working on. :) If I got the hair in the next week or 10 days, I could still get it back to you by Christmas.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much hair do you need for a bracelet and how do you like it packaged/wrapped/whatever when sent to you?
Ideally, for a bracelet, I'd like a chunk of hair about 16" long and about as big around as your thumb. If you don't have quite that much, I can work with a little less. All you have to do is put a rubber band or braid binder around one end, put it in a plastic bag labeled with your name and send it on its way. :) I can wash it once it gets here.

I have several different braids you can choose from, as well as different end caps and clasps. PM me or email me for more details! :)

Also, if you have more than one horse and would like to use hair from all of them, I can put hair from as many horses as you'd like into the braid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awesome work! Do you use mane or tail hair or both? I'd like to have a bracelet done but don't know if I can get 16" of hair unless it's tail hair. I think it's really cool that I can use hair from all three of my guys.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome work! Do you use mane or tail hair or both? I'd like to have a bracelet done but don't know if I can get 16" of hair unless it's tail hair. I think it's really cool that I can use hair from all three of my guys.
Actually, tail works much better! :) Mane hair tends to be very fine and more "flyaway". I have used it, though, when people have only mane hair from a horse they've lost. It's just harder to work with.

I can make a custom bracelet in any of the bracelet styles you see on my website. Email or PM me when you find something you like! :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just bumping this up. :p There's still time to order for Christmas delivery!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only a few days left for my Christmas sale! Take 15% off any in-stock jewelry from now until Christmas! Sale prices are marked. :lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a new set I just finished this morning. The necklace has silver plated tube beads and sterling silver end caps and clasp. It's about 20" long. The bracelet is about 7 1/4" long and has faceted sterling silver seed beads, as well as sterling silver end caps and clasp.

Necklace:

close up of the beads:

Bracelet:

close-up of the beads:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.