The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  tinyliny 
I was wondering what you meant by 'horsemanship training'. to me, horsemanship is what the HUMAN learns. Maybe that is what you meant.

Leading skills are paramount. Then sending skills. there are just so many great videos on YT to watch all about ground handling skills. If you can, hook up with someone whose riding you admire and learn from them.

Yes..that is what I meant… exercises to use to build my relationship with my horse. I’ve had my horse for 15 years and I have basic groundwork and handling skills down. I am simply looking for some advise on who/what is reputable on YouTube or any other platform to dive deeper into groundwork techniques that build a stronger relationship with my horse. Yes, there is a lot of info out there but too much that it makes it difficult to find the right ones, which is why I reached out for advice. Can you share with me any of the YouTube videos that you mentioned? Thx

I find Ryan Rose to be an excellent communicator and teacher about horse handling skills. His videos show the horse BEFORE it has been corrected, too. please check him out .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.