The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What first comes to mind when you think on horses in computer/console games?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That the people who did the animation have no idea how a horse actually moves ... their motion is usually all wrong and every freaking one of the horses I've ever seen in a computer game crossfire. So annoying.

-- Kai

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, and lets not forget the new Zelda game with it's wide variety of horses; with pretty decent animations
(A little epona trivia
)

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Gottie love that @Mewlie lol

The animation in Breath of the Wild actually is pretty good. They even use their body different ways depending on how you move them.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
^Yup. The same way the titular characters can sprint for hours at a time and not tire. People aren't exempt from game physics and absurdities, lawl.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
First thing that comes to mind for me, is their totally wrong and weird way of moving, and of course, their ability to walk up vertical hills, and walk through stuff like trees and boulders.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
Old-ish thread I know, but...

Witcher 3 does horses (almost) right! Roach, and all the other horses for that matter, moves like an actual horse (aside from literally never changing her canter lead), and once you dismount, she BEHAVES like an actual horse too. She rests a hind leg, wanders off in search of grass or water, flicks her ears about listening for danger....

She's a bit glitchy and sometimes runs straight into trees/fences instead of following the road like any sane horse would do... and when you call her sometimes she spawns in impossible places (I am constantly wondering how on earth she got in/up/over/under/through THERE), but for the most part CDPR did a fantastic job animating her.

·
Registered
447 Posts
(I know old thread but related to this topic of horses in games)
Red Dead Redemption is another game that comes in mind that animated their horses beautifully. I always like watching YouTube clips of those horses just because of how right they look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.