The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally was able to get the pic when Jemma rolls in snow... Lol! Pics were taken right after really bad storm we had (3 feet of snow in one night :wink: ).

Attachments

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
My husband and I both agree those are the best horses in the snow photos bar none!
I feel ashamed posting my little 5-6" snow falls now :lol:

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha-ha! Thank you, All! There was LOTS of snow. And I must say LOTS TO SHOVEL too (like 5 hours)! LOL! It took me 30 mins to dig a narrow path from the house to the barn and then clean around the gate and in front of the stalls to let them out and to feed them. :shock: :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
OMG LOL! I think that counts as swimming in snow moreso than cantering! LOL! Glad to see they got time outside though, I don't understand how horses can be happy inside a barn...and I LOVElovelove Kiara's face marking...so unique!

·
Registered
444 Posts
my favorite is the last photo ,when the paint is jumping

·
Registered
46 Posts
beautifull
its fun to watch horses play in the snow :)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! :)

EveningShadows, after hour of run they were ready to jump back to the stalls. Lol! I think it's pretty hard for them to run through all this snow.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Those are great shots! Looks like your girls are having fun!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Wow! I haven't been out to the barn since it snowed and we're supposed to get a ton more tomorrow/Wednesday. Now I'm scared lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Oh man, where in MD are you kitten val? I'm in Baltimore, MD. I am not looking forward to going to my barn tomorrow if it's like that. I am finally able to get out of my house to even get up the road.

I will be sure to bring my camera.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are the best Winter shots I've seen in a long time. Wow, that snow is really DEEP!! :)
Thank you, Katies! This winter for sure brought us some very bright moments. :lol: I wish I'd have camcorder to make videos!

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh man, where in MD are you kitten val? I'm in Baltimore, MD. I am not looking forward to going to my barn tomorrow if it's like that. I am finally able to get out of my house to even get up the road.

I will be sure to bring my camera.
Close to you, JadedEyes! We are in Eldersburg. :D May be we have to ride together one day!

Another couple feet today. I dig the path to the barn twice already today.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Those are awesome pictures! I love the first one especially :)
Thank you, MIEventer and RedHawk! :D

May be now even better time to take pics. The snow hill in front of the barn is almost as tall as me! LOL!

·
Registered
250 Posts
LOL! Your one pony looks like Rain from Spirit. :)
I love your avatar with the pinto on playing king of the hill on the snow pile. :)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you! :D

We had another 3 feet on Wed, but when I was hoping to take some pics... They just refused to run at all. I think NOW it's too deep for them indeed. They made one path along the fence and just walk there. Lol!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts