The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
I'm not usually a fan, unless it's combined with the right markings on the rest of the body. For example, a relatively solid horse with a big ol' bald face is a big turn off for me.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
omg love this thread, my next horse im going to specifically looking for a bald face ^^ ive always wanted one.

Reactions: bird3220

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I LOVE them..if they have black eyeliner...lol...otherwise they just look a bit odd to me personally. If they have 4 high socks and a bald face I think it just looks awesome :)

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
:lol: you caught me! I don't know many people around here who like them, since most of use are just the BA brown types, but I love a nice bald faced horse. I'm also a fan of the bald + stockings combination, as long as the animal's base coat is a dark color like bay, brown, or black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like them okay. They do tend to be a bit more photosensitive (have clover in my pastures) and get sunburned.

I sold this paint mare a year and a half ago to a family that went on to score a couple blues and other ribbons at the 2011 World Wide Paint Horse Congress. Thought she was a cutie.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
I guess I should qualify my answer. When I think "bald face," I think absolutely no color on the face and the white completely covers the top and bottom of the face. There was an ad posted in the "Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads" thread that had a black mare with a white/bald face like I'm talking about and I thought she was pretty ugly (unfortunate conformation aside).

·
Registered
637 Posts
I guess I should qualify my answer. When I think "bald face," I think absolutely no color on the face and the white completely covers the top and bottom of the face. There was an ad posted in the "Dumbest Horse For Sale Ads" thread that had a black mare with a white/bald face like I'm talking about and I thought she was pretty ugly (unfortunate conformation aside).
Drafty, I think you might be thinking more along the lines of apron-faced. ?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.