The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya. :) I was just wondering if any of you had any information or good links on how to train horses to do tricks such as bow, lie down, hug, kiss, and other neat things. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
For Hug just go up to her and hug her on her left side. then with your right hand take a treat and put it behind your back reach for her nose and tempt her to bring her head around you to get the treat. Practice and soon she will understand that when you hug her she has to do that to get the treat. :p

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
There are a few books you could check into. Trickonometry is the one that springs to mind, but I know there are others.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The other day my jumping instructor showed us how to get a horse to bow. He took a carrot, showed it to Black Jack, and brought it between his forelegs by his belly, making sure he can still see the carrot. Black Jack then bent his legs slightly and put his head between his legs to reach for the carrot. After he ate the carrot, he put his head between his legs again thinking that he was going to get another one. It was just too cute! :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.