The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first let me say this website looks amazing! My daughter Caylee is 7 years old and has been riding once a week for a lil over 2 years. She is starting to get into dressage and her new trainer has been really great. My daughter eventually wants to participate in shows, and one day become a trainer herself. We have started a YouTube channel for her - Horsing Around With Caylee. Any suggestions, or comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
904 Posts
Welcome! I just subbed:) do you ride too or just Caylee?

Reactions: AbbySmith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the sub!!! We do not. My wife and I did not grow up any where near horses, considering we lived in St. Louis. However, we moved about 30 miles out a few years ago and live really close to the National Equestrian Center. My daughter decided she wanted to start taking lessons (at age 5) after we watched a few shows there, so we found a stable close by and she has been going once a week ever since. She is now 7 and is starting to learn dressage. As her father, she teaches me all the lingo. All of this is foreign to me LOL. We decided to start recording her videos so we could watch them and learn from them so she could start really improving week to week. Somehow I got roped in to starting a channel and now I spend my Sundays editing 🤣. But she truly has found her calling and I will fully support her. I have a feeling we will be buying a horse at some point in the future.

·
Banned
904 Posts
That’s a great idea! My horse trips a lot and my neighbour kept thinking I was going to fall and because I was on the horse I couldn’t see the trip, just see it. So I set up a camera and filmed my ride and realised what my horse was going down to his knees. I’m glad that I had the camera because I then took it to my coach and he helped fix the trip with him. Good luck for you and Caylee!
Ps: Caylee is the cutest name!!

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
I just looked at the sweater Caylee is wearing in your profile pic. It's sooooo cute!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts