The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tonight Mitch and I played "a game". I like to call it "I win".
He broke through the electric fence and got into the grass. I tried to catch him, couldn't get within a meter of him. So the game began... basically "you wanna run? Alright then, but you stop when I say so."
Our game ended about a half hour later, with him literally dripping head to toe in sweat, he had the white foamy sweat all the way down the inside of his back legs, his sheath was dripping, he had white streaks down his front legs, even his eyes and ears were dripping with sweat, and every vein in his body visible.
He was blowing so hard I thought he was going to collapse on me, so I lunged him at a walk quietly until that had stopped.
Sponged him off with warm water until his body temp had cooled down and he had stopped steaming, then proceeded to tie him up and put a mesh cover on, gave him a small amount of his dinner when his body had completely gone back to normal.

Anyway, on to the question. He isn't in work yet, so he's gotta be sore after that one! As much as I severely dislike him right about now for putting up a stupid performance, I don't want him to be stuck with sore muscles.
Is there anything I can do tomorrow and over the next few days to help with any potentially sore muscles?

He is being fed beet pulp with organic magnesium/boron/calcium/mycobinder in it, as well as hanley formula, which is basically an amino acid powder (arginine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan and valine), so hopefully all of that will help somewhat, but it's not a miracle cure-all after a huge unintended workout like that. any bathes/massages/stretches I can try? Or should I just get on and go for a ride to stretch him out, provided his behaviour is better than today?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.