The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,150 Posts
The last horse was overpriced and expensive, it was payments, otherwise he would have stayed where he was.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I counted out 100 pennies and handed them over. Seriously, my horse was a buck. HeHe.

Other horses my mom has purchased were made in payments. Our first 2 horses were paid in full.

Reactions: amp23

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
My first gelding was paid for in full, thanks to my dad.
My mare was a gift, I received $2,000 off and only had to pay $500.....I did this on two payments....just because I needed a new saddle at the time as well.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
My dad bought me Hickory for my 16th birthday..

I took out a loan for $2500.00 for Nikki but after interest and everything I ended up paying $3000.00..it was a 2 year pay off period..

I'm buying Lark with a chunk of my tax return money...I'm still 'leasing' her but she's already mine..her previous owner even calls Lark mine now..I just have to pay for Lark when my tax return comes in..I'm not allowed to say what I'm paying for her...she's worth A LOT more than I'm paying for her because her owner and I are friends and she's also the woman I got Nikki from..

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I saved money up from work for about 3 months, and sold a 2 yr old for $1,000 to pay 3,500 for Link. But even then I was 200 short and didn't have the 200 it cost in gas. My mom loaned it to me, I paid her back the next week.

With Waylon he just cost a little less than a paycheck.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
165 Posts
Paid up front for one and payments for the other but only as she wasn't mine til weaning anyway. Prefer to pay upfront.

·
Registered
99 Posts
With my good looks! LOL! Just kidding. My horses were adopted but I still had to pay an adoption fee. I already had the money put to the side when I started checking out the horses that were currently up for adoption.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
My other horses I have paid up front for. But my yearling I paid in instalments over a 5 month period, I saved my butt off and worked 6 days/week to do it, and was very lucky that the breeder was a friend of mine and happy to allow a payment plan as long as the horse stayed on her property until paid off.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Workin' my butt off! My parents wouldn't let me get a horse until I could buy it myself...so I worked and saved. Also I leased my horse before I bought and my trainer paid the board fee out of her pocket to put my lease money towards buying him. I am the first rider he has "liked" so she wanted to make sure he went to me. I payed the remaining chunk all at one time.
(I was 16 when I got him (still am lol))

·
Registered
925 Posts
I am fortunate enough to have gotten both of my current horses for free. It's amazing how people will attempt to sell the horse to the general public but send out emails to our 4-H community advertising their horses for free!

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
Wrote out a check, shakey hand and all. Promptly smacked myself in the forehead and said "Oiy, what did I just get myself into?"
Then calmly loaded him into my trailer and started the long haul to take him home.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I adopted Mason from a rescue center, paid for him a few weeks before I picked him up. Gibson was given to me, as he was abandoned and he took such great care of my Mason that I had to take him. After Mason died, I traded Gibson for my current horse, Xairyn. Xai is worth about 5 times more then Gibson, he had a lot of issues but took a liking to me and trusted me so his owner eagerly let me have him :D and Gibson is still my main riding horse until summer when I can get Xai trained to ride.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.