The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want to look for a certified farrier in my area. My current farrier is supposed to be the best around from what everyone I know has been telling me but he never returns my calls or email. He does allot of jumper horses and I bought a thoroughbred with signs of white line disease, low heels and white hooves. He needs to get done every six weeks even though its winter and the white line needs to be addressed. So I'm getting a little peeved that I seem to be last on his list.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The white line disease is something you should be addressing yourself. Since the farrier only comes every six weeks, whatever he does won't be of much help. I suggest a soak of White Lightning or CleanTrax if it really is WLD, although it could be wall separation, which is far far more common. Do you have any pictures?

Are his heels just short or are they under-run?

Why are you concerned about white hooves?

·
Registered
303 Posts
The association that certifies farriers is American Farriers Association. You can go to their website to find certified farriers in your state. Many farriers advertise that they are certified.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
If you want some recommendations too, try posting on equinesite.com bulletin board on the CT or RI board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.