The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the appy looks like an arab, I grew up with arabs so I am cursed that almost all horses I draw end up looking that way, lol...
Just my first try with watercolor paints. Also, I noticed that the bay horse is a little out of proportion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
That is REALLY good! i would find it better if they werent biting eachothers butts though.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think it is a sweet scene. The horses are grooming eachother. Horses do that all the time in the pasture. True the appy looks like an arab, but I think you did a good job with a relatively hard angle to draw and I love the spots. Great job for your first watercolor attempt!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I agree, very sweet painting. I could see a kid's picture book with illustrations like that. Nothing about the proportions are very off, it's an easy picture to look at :). Don't stop now!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
its beautiful! you id a good job on their eyesi think. they look soft and content. :D i want to see more!! draw/paint more!!! lol

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Lovely work!! I envy people who can work so losely like that, particuarly with oils/acrylic/water colours. Can't wait to see some more of your art. Really like the appy by the way, Appy spots aren't the easiest to draw I usually try to avoid them when doing commissions haha so well done!

·
Registered
534 Posts
^^^^I'm with Kayty on the spots^^^^
I like how they aren't just 'spots'. You took the time to fade them out a tad on the edges making them more lifelike.
Great job! I love the scene.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts