The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean bloodline-wise... how do you like them bred? Why?

Raving Tari Quarter Horse

Here's my favorite mare. She has excelled above and beyond at everything we've thrown at her. From moving 1600 pairs of cattle 17miles (through the badlands in MT) at a time, to barrels, to bareback games, she is soooo great and versatile! She's short, but stocky, and has a really, really pretty head.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the pictures off my camera onto the site... soon to come!

·
Registered
594 Posts
I prefer no-name cow or ranch horses. Even to compete AQHA with. I find them to be the quickest to learn and with the best temperament. They're usually all pretty athletic, too.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My mare is a Paint/QH, only APHA registered though
My weanling is a half QH half who the heck knows what.
I like riding QHs, I feel like I can ride shorter ones, then I could a less stocky breed. (If that makes sence.)

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
How do you like your Hollywood gelding/mare?

They are true devas but I would take 10 more of her in a hart beat. They are not horse oriented and do not get a long well with other horses but they love people. They are great in the open and work just as well with their non pro owners. They are hard to beat in just about ever sence of the word.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I like the older lines as that is what I am most familiar with. I absolutely adore Two Eyed Jack horses and Impressive horses (so long as their feet aren't tiny and they are N/N). Of course, I like anything with cow breeding in there too. Any horse/breed can be taught to watch a cow but they can never compare to one who has it in his blood. My brother has a Mr. San Peppy/Doc O'Lena gelding that I would steal in a heartbeat while working cattle.

Of course, my current most favoritest ever ;) horse is Metallic Cat. He is not only drop dead stunning, but talented too.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I like old foundation lines. Like Smrobs, I like Impressive breds if they are not too funny looking and n/n. Doc Bar lined horses are pretty nice. i tend to go for more halter type looking though.

And BTW Smrobs, I used to ride with a girl who had a Two Eyed Jack son or grandson I'm not sure, but he was amazing, she used him as a barrel racer.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I used to ride 2 and they were amazing. The gelding was a little on the lazy side but the stud was to die for. I loved him and you could never tell he was a stud by the way he acted. :D

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I absolutely love ZanParBar horses.

Like this:

I used to ride a stallion out of him named Zans A Sugar Daddy.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I used to ride 2 and they were amazing. The gelding was a little on the lazy side but the stud was to die for. I loved him and you could never tell he was a stud by the way he acted. :D
Hers was a stud too, best manners, you would not believe. And boy was he gorgeous. Solid white with 2 blue eyes ans 16 hands of muscle gah. He was getting into his late teens last time I talked to her and he was still going strong competing 2D I think? He didn't look or act a day over 10...

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
I don't even know if Ol Man is still alive, I think he was about 6 years old then. This has been about 15 years ago LOL. We sold him and I never knew what happened after that. I bet he made some really nice babies somewhere.

I also loved his bloodlines from his momma. Watch Old Joe was the other one that we had and they were full brothers.

Watch Ole Man Quarter Horse

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really never did find an Impressive bred that I was "impressed" by... LOL. They did tend to have small feet and fat necks, in my opinion. I'm partial to the Three Bars/Oklahoma Star bred horses. Our Stallion is double bred three bars and double bred Oklahoma Star bred. They all have a HUGE hip that any performer would DIE for, and a nice, quiet temperament AND an ON button.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
This one is a very nice cross of several of the older lines. Can and dose do just about every thing. Foals easy to train and work with. Most work very very well for Youth and Non Pro riders.

Diamond Toa Te Quarter Horse

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Guess that's a line I missed out on... I don't know any Bert horses.

But I do dig the Blue Valentine, Two Eyed Jack, and San Peppy lines too... especially for an all-around ranch-y bred horse...

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
I like to see some Poco Bueno or Lena in my bloodlines, as well as Three Bars, Impressive, and Mr. Gun Smoke. I really favor the Gun Smoke lines however because I do personally know and work with many of his bloodlines and I have never seen such a wonderful group before and I guess I'm partial to him. If you look under my horses, you can see his grandson Jesters Cowboy, ou tof Jester Smoke and Chicks Dynamo Lady.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts