The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is Terminator. Or rather, about her. She is an 18 year old Quarter Horse mare that I have been riding for almost a year. I sarted riding her because I was horseless and she was out of shape and I just love how she goes.

Well, one day before all the snow hit our poor state, I begged my little sister (who has a billion times more confidence than me when it comes to jumping) to hop on Termy and jum her over some bigger stuff. Before this day, we had been working on 15"-18" crossrail lines and 21" verticals but Meaghan took her over EVERYTHING in the arena.

I was videotaping, and I got this:

Its her, jumping a 2'3"-ish coop/coup (however you spell it). Granted, she jumped it a little far out, but I'm wondering, with some more training and some more higher mileage on her like once a week after the snow melts, how far do you think she could go?

If you pause it at about five seconds, you'll see PERFECT little hunter knees. This mare was a confo winner as a foal, trained in barrel racing and bought by her current owners as a trail horse. Now, I ride her English (and Western) and THIS is the mare I see. She just astounds me.

Here is as good to a confo shot that I've ever gotten:

It was taken over the summer and, yes, it has been uploaded onto here. And no, when I ride her English, I ride in a snaffle, not the Western bar type bit that she is wearing in that shot. Oh, and those are my lovely reins that I boght for $10 at consignment. Best deal of my life I think. They just snap on and I can ride her in a halter bareback, or even English when it too cold for the snaffle.

So yeah. Feel free to critique the jump and her confo. Thanks for reading all this!

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
Yes with more training she could become a hunter and could go higher. I say about 3'3-3'6.
:)
Shes a pretty girl

·
Registered
872 Posts
LOVE HER!! Her canter could use some work, but besides that I really like how she jumps. I think she could make a nice 3' horse with some work. =]

Keep on posting pictures and videos, I really like her!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.