The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find out how long all of you have been riding. It will be interesting to know that, even if you just started riding by holding on for dear life on a shetland pony while someone led you around. :wink:

I have been riding for approximately 6 years now. At the end of this year it will be 7.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have been taking riding lessons for 6 years now. However, since I was little I went on public trail rides and such =D

·
Registered
777 Posts
21 years :) But by myself on my own pony/horse for about 18 years.. I feel old but am not hehe

·
Registered
16,508 Posts
I don't feel old, but fairly certain I'm far older than most of the posters on this BB.

I started riding at 20, and I'm now 51. Lost my heart horse a little over 2 years ago, after a 21 year partnership.

Found a wonderful trainer, and have been learning to jump. I also plan to take up foxhunting, and am hoping to get in at least part of the season this year.

Some days I don't feel a day older than 21, and other days Aleve and a heating pad are my best friends!

I plan to quit riding when they take the reins from my cold, dead hands! :lol:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've been on horses for almost 15 years. I have been riding on my own for about 14 years. I was 5 when I got my first pony and started learning to really ride. I have ridden many different horses over these past years, and right now is the first time I have not had a horse around everyday to ride. :(

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some days I don't feel a day older than 21, and other days Aleve and a heating pad are my best friends!

I plan to quit riding when they take the reins from my cold, dead hands! :lol:
You are as old as you feel. Years don't mean a thing. It's how you yourself feel.

I love that last bit.... :lol:

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've been riding for 10yrs and I'm 13, got my first Pony when i was 4 :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
ten years this month, haha, and for three od them you could say i was out of action due to horses so its their fault ive not been riding longer ha,

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
since i was seven.... sooo..........im not sure how long ago that is..........

·
Registered
157 Posts
It'll be 10 years this winter.

Although I rode long before then but my first lesson was 10 years ago =D

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I wish I could say that I've been riding for a couple of decades but considering I'm only 17... haha

I've been riding since I was 6... so about 11 years. But i've been a horse lover forever!

·
Registered
162 Posts
ok, started when I was about 6 or 7 with riding lessons. I was scared to death and got sick to my stomache very week. But, did it anyway. took a break for about 6 years so lets see hmmm do I want to say that its been 42 years......... oops, guess I let that cat out of the bag!!!!! oh well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts