The Horse Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
I try to ride once a week. Would love to ride more than that, but I'm busy with work, training & showing my dogs, etc. For the most part my horses are yard ornaments, but I love them and enjoy them and that's all they really care about :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I ride my horse twice a week at the moment, but soon that is going to change since my school work load is lightening and it's light out later in the evening. My trainer rides him twice a week as well, and the other days are break days and lunging/long reining days.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
3-4 times a week. My horse isn't one of those horses you can put in the pasture for a week straight and expect every thing to be same. No vacations for me!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
WOW! I wish I got to ride as much as some of you!!! With working as much as I do, i am so exhausted by the time I actually have time to ride, that I dont. =(

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
I ride 5-6 times a week for 45-75 minutes.
And I have an over full (6 courses) university schedule.
And I have a part time job.
And I still have friends.

It's hard, but I git 'er done :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Because my horses live in my backyard, I play with them at least once a day. I actually tack up and ride maybe once or twice a month. I like bareback the best, its easier and faster :)

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Same as anebel for me but without the extra uni subject!!!

Full time uni. Then on my 3 'days off' a week I'll be either externally working at my job, studying madly at home getting assignments done, or drawing to keep my business running. Also have a boyfriend to try and keep happy, a social life and cleaning the house/making dinner etc. Not much time!!

Still get about 5-6 rides a week in, then in the depths of winter I generally ride about 4 times a week give or take a few depending on the conditions.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts