The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think you have to deside whether the horse is more important that what you want to do. Personally, I wouldn't sell my horse if it didn't like my discipline...but I'm a horselover, not a discipline lover. I do a little bit of everything, not especially GOOD at anything.

Example - I originally bought my filly with dreams of jumping...but she's turned out a bit more drafty than I thought she would and her movement SCREAMS dressage. I'm not going to sell her simply because she won't excel in jumping - I'm going to change our goals together and see how we do.

The only problem with being addicted to training, is you don't know what the horse will enjoy and how much they'll give to each discipline. You take a chance (no pun intended) with each youngster you start training and if Chance isn't turning out to be the horse you want, then I suggest finding the one that is. If her heart is in trail riding or dressage, she's never going to be a superb jumper and you're somewhat holding her back from her full potential by keeping her in jumping. HOWEVER, if you're willing to switch what YOU want in riding, then by all means carry on with her and be a team.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.