Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

So, I have a 17" All Purpose Black English saddle that I am thinking about selling so I can get a Close Contact saddle. It is a Blue Ribbon, which I cannot seem to find much information on online. This saddle is in great condition! It does have one problem, It has two teeth marks on the pommel where a young horse got a hold of it. I was wondering what you guys think I could get out of it? I'm really hoping a decent amount, so I can afford a nice close contact saddle. let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
That is a nice looking saddle.

You could market that as an Eventing Saddle as well, due to the nice thigh blocks. It looks more like a VSS A/P than a VSD in my opinion.

I have no idea what Blue Ribbon saddles go for or their value. Market it as a All Purpose/Event Saddle VSS.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol this might sound stupid... what does VSS and VSD stand for? I have no idea what they go for either and havent really found any for sale to compare it too...ugh~

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
An All Purpose that is labled VSD means that it is designed moreso for Dressage.

If it is labled VSS that means that the saddle is still an All Purpose, but geared towards Jumping, Fox Hunting and Eventing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.