The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!, I thought I'd ask your guys opinion on how much my mare Aaleyah is worth. I'm thinking about selling her but not completely sure. She was my first project horse, and made big improvements so I know her pricing has changed since I purchased her.

Basic info
Appendix quarter horse
9 years old
Used to run 1D/2D barrels before I bought her
jumps 3ft easily
perfect in cross country (and she absolutely love it)
Great in the hunter ring
Quite trail horse

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p496/Theissyhunterjumper/_facebook_1057314195_.jpg?t=1326994270

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p496/Theissyhunterjumper/_facebook_-184646508_.jpg?t=1326994265

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Those pictures don't to any justice for her.
Do you happen to have any others?

Reactions: caseymyhorserocks

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
do you have any jumping pictures of her ? what about conformation shots ?

is she registered ? did she race ?

what did you pay for her ?

Reactions: caseymyhorserocks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I'm going to have to call her previous owners to get her papers we were suppose to get them forever ago but he won't return our calls. No she never had a racing career she was born on the previous owners farm and always just did barrel racing and trail. I paid $200 for her because they were "downsizing" and he had to pay his DUI ticket. Smh. Anyhow I dont believe I have any current jumping pictures but I think I have a video of her jumping

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Hello! Your horse looks like a very sweet reliable all-rounder type. The type of horse that might be worth its weight in gold to the right home but may not fetch that much on the market.

First off, there isn't much that can be told from those photos, the first one is very dark and doesn't show much of the horse at all, other than she likes a good smooch :wink:

The second one she is saddled, but not doing anything to demonstrate her ability. As a guide, if you are going to take photos for sale, take ones standing still with her standing square and the hind leg closest to the camera slightly further back. Have her looking at something with interest so that her ears are forward. This is the best way to show a horse in the best light stationary.

If you are going to have a photo of her under saddle, it must demonstrate her best abilities - working softly, jumping neatly or whatever.

Let me see if I can demonstrate the photo thing with some of my own photos so you can see the difference it makes for a sale shot...

This horse I took out of the paddock after it had been sitting there doing nothing for 2 years. Had never been brushed, washed, nothin. Here's the difference made simply from a good pose (and a good wash heh).

Crappy pose:
Horse Mammal Vertebrate Mane Mare

Better pose:
Horse Mammal Vertebrate Mane Mare

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I'll have to try that those photos were taken forever ago. I think I might have a few better ones on my laptop. I'll post a few more. I'm calling the previous owners tonight to ask for her papers and it was a part of the deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.