The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating selling my jumping saddle since I don't jump. =P I just have it because it fits us both and it came with the dressage saddle I bought. But I'm not sure what to price it at.

It's an older Stubben, but that's all I know about it. I bought it for $200 and paid $120 to get the billets replaced. I've used it maybe five times for the two years I've owned it. It's in great condition with very little wear and tear. I think it's a 17" seat with a medium tree.

Photos:

·
Registered
11 Posts
What type of stubben is it? It looks like a Wotan close contact...
I would say its probably worth around $300-$400...because it is definitely older...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortuntely, I really have no idea what model it is. I was told it was a jumping saddle, but that's basically all I know.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
i'm in the same boat, i've looked on e bay to conpair but have found nithing, have you taken it to a tack shop to see what they say?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ That's a great suggestion, but we don't have any english tack stores here. =P I'm in cowboy country!

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
It's a Woton model, which was a favorite for Fox Hunters BITD. They're great All Purpose saddles for training, hacking/trails, and low cross country jumps. It's worth $400-500, but right now it would probably sell in the $300 range.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you luvs2ride! I appreciate your help and I'm glad that I know its name now.

Yeah, it's a great saddle Cecillia. It's so comfy, but I've always doubted its fit on my horse... Maybe you'll see it in a for sale thread here soon. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.