The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a saddle that I want to sell for a barrel saddle. I don't have any pictures at the moment so I'll do my best describing it. It is a 17in. Circle Z saddle with full quarter horse bars. It comes with everything including original stirrups, leather cinch, and stirrup hobbles. It is kind of a light red tent leather with lots of silver. Very showy. Almost every inch has detailed designs engraved in it. It has only been used at most 8 times by only me. Besides being on a horse, it constantly sits in my room so no weather has ever hurt it. The one flaw of it was when I got it, it was covered in mold (which is why I got a brand new saddle for a good price) but as soon as i got it I cleaned it up and conditioned it and now has no sign of mold on it at all. I am only selling it because it doesn't really fit my horse that well. It is sitting in my room as a decoration. If you need more information or have any price suggestions for me that would be great!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Is this like the one you have?

15 16 17" Western Pleasure Trail Show FQH Handmade Circle Z Saddle Lot Silver | eBay

Model #: s-1120
Tree: Fiber glass covered wood tree
Seat: Tan Suede Leather (all seat sizes available please email me your seat size)
Swell: 13"
Gullet: 7"
Bars: Full QH
Horn: 2"
Cantle: 3 1/2"
Skirts: 14" x 28"
Stirrup Adj: 36" - 42"
Weight: 30 lbs

I copied/pasted those specs from the eBay listing.
Afraid this is not a decent saddle, or a safe one in my opinion.
Fiberglass trees are to be avoided.

·
Registered
17,293 Posts
Ann, it says fiberglass covered wood tree. Not the same as a fiberglass tree. The fiberglass strengthens the wood and prevents warping. Bare wood reacts to the vagaries' of weather so the fiberglass seals in the moisture content. But one must be leery of wood reinforced fiberglass trees. Haven't seen one of those yet but would sure like to. I checked a few ads and they are fiberglass trees. The price should make one suspicious as to it's quality. Asian made

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it for Christmas. I know its not the best saddle that's why I'm asking what it's worth. I wanted to get a barrel saddle. Even an older one!

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
The basic amount for used is 1/2 original price. Since yours is relatively new, you may be able to adjust upward slightly.

This doesn't include antique/collectible pieces of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.