The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right now I am trying to find some one to break my horse. I was told to talk to a man who is actually an old friend. I have ridden some of his horses & they are increadable. They are very docile and calm. Babies could ride these horses & pull on them & scream & run & the horses are still quiet as a mouse. I asked him how much he would charge me. 700+$75/mo. I have never had a horse broken before, so I have to ask, is this WAY too much?

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
If it's more than you can afford then it's too much but if you get a well broke horse out of it then it's worth it. That's more than I charge but it's not unheard of. Figure on at least two months though if you want a horse like those you have ridden.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You live in a good area, trainers are everywhere. The price quoted is pretty normal rate around here. You could find more expensive and less... I posted on another thread about Wendy from Cornerstone Training Love. Learn. Dream. Ride.. She took a problem horse I had purchased years ago and did an awesome job with him. Mark Miller in the Weatherford area does a good job starting colts. I do not know what either of these trainers are charging these days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.