The Horse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,084 Posts
I pay $5 a horse for 4 horses a month on 5 acres. There is water if I need it but it opens into my pasture so I haven't had to make use of it. It's on its own meter with neighbor's 3 other pastures so bill would be divided and averaged then added to our cost. She charges $100 per 5acres for each of the other three with water included and a 3 sided shelter. No more than 2 per pasture. If she feeds she adds another $50 per month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pay $5 a horse for 4 horses a month on 5 acres. There is water if I need it but it opens into my pasture so I haven't had to make use of it. It's on its own meter with neighbor's 3 other pastures so bill would be divided and averaged then added to our cost. She charges $100 per 5acres for each of the other three with water included and a 3 sided shelter. No more than 2 per pasture. If she feeds she adds another $50 per month.
Helpful. Thank you very much for your time, experience and wisdom.

·
Registered
Horse loving mama
719 Posts
Is this for renting out to one person for their own personal using or as in a boarding set up for you to board horses?

·
Super Moderator
15,084 Posts
Two horses. One acre and that will be dirt soon enough. They'll need to feed hay year round and if they want any grazing will need to divide into 3 or 4 spaces and have a sacrifice pen. Easily done if their horses respect electric but you'd need to look into that as if there isn't electric available it could get expensive to add or if available figure out how much extra that would run.

·
Registered
Horse loving mama
719 Posts
Horses are real hard on pastures especially a small area like one acre, it will be well eaten down and then some unless they have limited turnout and hay in front of them 24/7 so they wont go out hungry and eat the pasture down.
Like what @QtrBel said, electric fencing to divide a section, and you can get solar electric fencing, they work really well, I use them for my Pine trees to keep deer away from them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts