Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would you pay for this mare?

Mare,9 yrs,Peruvian Paso/Arabian (not gaited),bay,14.3hh.
She is very well started, she was at a WP trainers for 2 years in training to learn basics and be started under saddle, she has also had two months training in Classical Dressage, she can be ridden english or western and I was told she can even be ridden bareback. She goes in a bosal or a snaffle bridle. She has a great walk with her head lowered and relaxed,she has a nice smooth trot,but she holds her head up somtimes until she relaxes,and she has a very nice smooth canter. She can do leg yields at the walk and trot. Good flexion and nice floaty movement. Moves out well. She lunges,ties (is starting to learn ground tying,but is still working on it), bathes,clips,picks up all 4 hooves perfectly. No vices.
She has nice big eyes,good legs,her back is long,though...other than that she has pretty good conformation. She doesn't wear shoes,UTD on everything. Very sweet and willing personality,but she can get a little high-strung/jumpy. She is very sensitive to her rider and will quickly react to what they are feeling. Not for a novice without a little more training. But she would be great as an older experienced kid or smaller adult horse for 4-H,beginner dressage,Western pleasure, she would also do great at endurance.

I am horse shopping :) soooo...what would you be willing to pay for her?:wink:

·
Banned
593 Posts
pics and videos are really needed for this kind of thing otherwise you dont really know whats true and whats not true.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol...its all true :) i am going to look at her in the next couple days again and i will take pics/videos,but she is as described...if you knew that how much would you pay? i think i got sent one pic in an email...let me see if i can dig it up :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay...here is a couple...i didn't get any undersaddle...yet :( hopefully in a few days...

Attachments

·
Banned
593 Posts
i dont want to get shouted at about this but go to a auction. there are BOMBPROOF well trained , husband, lesson horses going for under $600. its crazy. she is cute though.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but have they had 2 years of WP training + 2+ months of Classical Dressage training? I think they said they paid around $7,000 just for her training....

·
Banned
593 Posts
beleive it or not yes.. theres been tons of eventers , cutters, reiners, dressage hroses, carraige horses all through there at $250- $650 a piece. with extensie training and schooling.

·
Banned
593 Posts
and if they paid 7k for her training theyll want over that and in this economy they'll have her a long long time.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was told she was $2,000... you live in NY... horse prices may be different over there. i think she would be worth that...but that is just my opinion :)

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts
if she's registered as a half arab they can probably get about 6 or 7k for her.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Well if they spent 7k i dont think they'd take 2k i mean yes the economy is bad but thats a HUGE hit. shes cute so if you like her go for it. make an offer they just may accept if they are that desperate. and reallllly take your time when you ride her. maybe ride her more than once b/c some ppl drug them.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm....i didn't hear anything about papers...i don't think she is registered :(

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really know the people well that are selling her. They are looking for a bigger horse...that is why they are selling this mare...lol...i know for sure she wasn't drugged. I have ridden her several times and while she can be high-strung sometimes she is completely non-dangerous or unmanageable whatsoever. And she settles down very quickly after warming up a little bit..... so you think 2k would be a good price for her then?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
What I see is a longish back and long, weak pasterns. Even registered as a 1/2 Arab down here you would have a hard time getting $1,500 for her. All that training will make her easier to sell but not worth more. Bottom line is that she is still unregistered, small for a jumper or dressage prospect, and thin boned. She seems to have a nice movement from what can be seen in a single picture.

$2,000 is a stretch for her. You can't add in her training fees, they were too far over her value that it is silly to think you can ever recover it. The shame of it is that many people think that because they have so much money in a horse, that it increases the value. Like a house that has an indoor swimming pool in a neighborhood of double wide trailers, the horse is over priced.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay...well...thanks for the honest answers!

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I really couldn't tell you how much she's worth. I dont ride non-gaited horses but I can tell from a buyer's prospective, I dont think I'd pay that much for an unregistered horse. There are too many proven, nicely broke ones and registered, as is that are cheaper. If they did put her through all that training, I would think they would be asking more then 2,000 dollars. But hey, if you like her go for it, I guess.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,796 Posts
... but thorse are proven horses with extensive show records, not an unregistered mare with nothing but training bills, Jenny (Miss VQHA).

LOL! I wasn't done typing my response when the forum booted me out! I was going to caveat it with there were just as many, if not more that were going for anywhere from $750 to 2500 and that included registered purebreds....:oops:

·
Registered
62 Posts
*Where I come from* auction horses are usually fairly green or old or going to the meat market. And that saddens me. I'm not saying all auction horses are like this, just in my area. This Mare is really cute, and seems to have a good personality. But I agree with what some of these people said, but 2k seems reasonable for her. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.