The Horse Forum banner

How to find a horse when FB isn't it any longer?

1337 9
Searching for a 3yr or younger, 13.3-15h, colorful horse for my husband.
Problem?
I have no idea where to search.
FB no longer allows sales, so most groups in my area stopped posting. Ugh. Now I can't figure out where they are to browse.

CL is out. Scammers, way over priced, old or people don't respond.

Prefer in Va or surrounding states, but several states away works if I can believe they are real and not scammers.

So, where do you go to search for a horse?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
FB is still very active in horse sales - you just have to find groups that don't break the FB rules. Many often list in "carrots" - 4 carrots for $4k, and so on. Depending on what you are looking for, there are breed specific groups, discipline specific groups, state specific groups, etc etc.

Otherwise, Dreamhorse is still alive and going, I think EquineNow is as well. I still opt for FB, since I am in some very active sale groups.

·
Super Moderator
16,569 Posts
Those groups around here typically have an on going post that all sales are "hidden" under. Those posting have to update their post when sold and upate the original. It also has to be worded in a way that doesn't trigger reports. Sales haven't stopped.

·
Super Moderator
27,717 Posts
you can join groups in Facebook that are farm and livestock groups for your area or state. I think dreamhorse.com is still a thing and there used to be equine.com and I think there was a horse-classifieds.com? I forget that last one...

·
Registered
790 Posts
I just listed my horse on Dreamhorse. FB still has a ton of sites as others have said, but they have to get really creative with prices and sometimes that’s a pain because you can’t get a straight answer as to cost, then you have to get into PM’s, and if you’re not friends on FB, the owner may not see the initial PM unless prompted to.
It’s definitely a process. I haven’t listed the horse on FB yet due to the overwhelming number of scammers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
790 Posts
@Txshecat0423 I missed this entirely! You must have decided she wouldn’t work for you?
@Knave, she doesn’t want to be a performance/arena horse. She wants to be a trail horse, and she’s very good
at that. She’s also well bred, so could be part of a breeding program. Not spooky, very good on the trail. Unfortunately, I need a backup performance horse, and she’s pretty adamant that isn’t for her. At my age, I’m not willing to ride out the bucks in the arena to make her into something she doesn’t want to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
AQHA gelding “Nico”
140 Posts
I have bought all of my horses through friends, or friend-of-a-friend situations. However, I love to dream (or help pursue for friends) on RanchWorldAds.com and DreamHorse.
Good luck! 😊

·
Registered
None at the moment, but that could change
82 Posts
I looked on HorseClicks just for the heck of it and 99% of them were online auction ads. I see many ads on FB in different groups. They often ask to be "DMd" for price or more info since it goes against the rules of FB to sell animals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.