The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im beginning to learn jumping. Im using the Internet to help me couse i ride icelandics that usually don't jump. My dear has learnt to jump free and yesterday i tried to jump "on the back". i really didn't do it right couse i goed too soon of the saddle or too late, and allways too late gifing the lash. my go-down was better but how can i know when i should go off the seat?

im really not knowing how to do this :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think that you should just let your body flow with the horse over the jump. Don't really think about it because then you will be going to soon just think about your horse and getting over the jump so then you should be fine :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okaii thank you guys so much, i think i can jump better now! im going to try this when i go to the stable this evening ! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah pretty much what everyone else said. I'm assuming your jumping very small, and if so you really shouldn't be moving much at all. Just give your hands up the neck a little and everything else will come naturally. If you try to put yourself in the position, it doesnt really work. Let the horse put you there. Just release.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow thanks! it's pretty much what i have to do ? Yeah im jumping a bit smaller horse than you guys, icelandics are called pony's but we at Iceland hate when they are called ponys!! but its ture, they are small

·
Registered
66 Posts
start off with poles on the floor and try to count your last 3 strides. when you can get these correstly then start jumping that way you should be able to tell when you need to fold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts