The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys want some how-to videos for showmanship?

If so let me know what topics you want covered, and if I feel comfortable covering them, I'll definitely make some!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'd like to see something about staring young horses the basics. I have a yearling I might start lunge line with, and a 3yo who is learning the basics. So maybe something about teaching the very basics?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure! I've got plenty who I can start with 8)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I also would like to see some, My horse snow is not at all very good at showmanship, I practice with her so much but she is so lazy that when I try to pivot her at all on her hind she just side steps, I have trained young horses to do this but for some reason she just doesn't get it. I work her along the fence and she does it very nice but when I do it without the fence she goes right back to her habit of side stepping.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Ummm, how about "Idiots Guide to Showmanship" LOL! The basics of what we need to know, what our horse has to do, how to start training... I'm a total newbie and trying to learn what its all about!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
how-to-pivot...I'm kinda lost in that part. I mean I can usually get them to pivot but it seems like they are going to fast lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.