The Horse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess a little about me goes here. I am a disabled Vet from the Army. I grew up in the DFW area. The most memorable times with horses was the 6 months I was in eastern Idaho and one of my classes (field biology) had no classroom time as a whole day or two each week was done on horseback in the mountains there and also riding through yellowstone on horseback while sleeping in the middle of it. Horses bring so much comfort and peace. I havent been around or owned a horse since then and that was in 2002.

My wife and I are looking at a house that has 5acres and eventually will want to purchase horses for it. My wife is against it because of her thoughts on keeping livestock healthy.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Can't understand why keeping horses in your backyard wouldn't be healthy for them. =/ The only comment is that you may or may not have enough acreage to keep them on pasture, but I'm not familiar with the climate of east TX. I live in IL and I keep 3 horses on 4 acres and they graze 1/2 the year and I supplement with hay from end of October to end of April. (The extra acre is our yard and I garden with it, among other things.) Here's hoping you get the place and change your wife's mind. =D Welcome to the Forum!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts