The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hahaha so I went to Saratoga this summer for the Travers (met a bunch of jocks, Rachel Alexandra and my fave racehorse atm Custom for Carlos) and my friend took me to Racing Museum and I got to ride the EQUICIZER! hahaha

You have to properly suit up, good thing I was wearing my jod boots

So how's my "Jock" Equitation? ;)

It was a lot harder then I thought it would be, major cramps in the glutes.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
hahaha...yeah, I would imagine it would take some getting used to, to avoid those butt cramps...Lol!

You actually look pretty good, atleast from what I can tell :D

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think you need to stretch over the withers more with your upper body/hips. They are always a little more forward to help them balance on those HUGE strides. You look kinda like a steeplechaser but hey, I couldn't even get into that position let alone hold it long enough to get a picture!! So kudos to you and it looks like fun!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you need to stretch over the withers more with your upper body/hips. They are always a little more forward to help them balance on those HUGE strides. You look kinda like a steeplechaser but hey, I couldn't even get into that position let alone hold it long enough to get a picture!! So kudos to you and it looks like fun!
So much fun :D yea I tried crouching smaller but it really really really cramps your glutes! I give major props to all Jocks/Exercise Riders out there!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Haha that looks like fun! I went to that museum once but the Equicizer was broken or something, nobody was allowed on. lol

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol anyone else?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your horse wasn't listening to you. His ears are forward and he looks a little stiff
Your right, he was very stiff and wouldn't pull up when I asked him to, know a good trainer I can send him to? :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Not all race horse trainers require the short stirrups. I galloped race ARABIANS in long stirrups. Those were such funny running horses. Not at all like the TB's.

I used to gallop in the mornings before I started my regular training. It was great exercise and money. Pikes Peak Meadows was half a mile from the farm I trained at.

I must say, I much preferred the TB's. The arab's ears kept going up my nose!!

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Your right, he was very stiff and wouldn't pull up when I asked him to, know a good trainer I can send him to? :)
You guys are hilarious :lol:

What an opportunity of a lifetime! you are so lucky. I have always dreamed of going to a facility that allows you get on one.You are one lucky girl!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.