The Horse Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Our appy pawed so badly he destroyed his plastic corner feeder with his knee, then we started feeding him in a rubber feed pan on the floor and he would paw and knock it over. Now we have a tip resistant plastic feeder on the floor and he's given up pawing now that he knows it doesn't getting him anywhere. IN the process of destroying his corner feeder he dug a whole in the barn floor, which is a dirt/packed stone floor.
Just realized I typed whole instead of hole :oops: lol

You know I've been messing with horses about 55 years, and like to think I know them pretty well and can get into their head, but I have never been able to figure out what is so great about dumping your grain out of a perfectly clean pan so you can lick it up off the dirt...:rofl:
He's the first horse I've owned who did that, but now my old guy has started doing it as well, not as badly as the appy tho. I don't get it, why would they want to eat it off the dirty ground where we put it so nicely in a clean feeder for them :shock:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I'm on my third bucket in 6 months with Bandit, when he ist kicking it with his pawing, he's throwing it at me over the stall door to let me know he's finished.

Reactions: kait18
21 - 23 of 23 Posts