The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
What do I think....it has been done to death here and every other forum on the net !
And if you don't mind me asking - what DO people have to say about it or what are your opinions? Since obviously the OP does not know every aspect of it and was simply asking for opinions? I'm curious too..

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
And if you don't mind me asking - what DO people have to say about it or what are your opinions? Since obviously the OP does not know every aspect of it and was simply asking for opinions? I'm curious too..
It was a hot topic a few years ago when it first came on the scene with misinformation spreading like wildfire. Once people settled down and realized that these are TBs in Japan are are slated for slaughter if they were not turned into racehorses within a specified time people started to REALLY look at what was being done.

An NO the horse is not being choked or have the blood supply cut off but Paul is highly successful in getting them turned into useful racehorses. This is not a new technique and Paul will be the first to admit it. He was here in N.A. last year in one of those breaking a colt contests and while he didn't win his colt was successfully broken without any roughhousing.

I always wonder when a new person comes to a forum they don't know and with their first post either ask opinions of trainers methods (especially controversial ones), or post a thread about a touchy subject.

Most new people will at least say "hello" and look at the flavor of the forum before jumping into the fire. :-|

·
Registered
224 Posts
I always wonder when a new person comes to a forum they don't know and with their first post either ask opinions of trainers methods (especially controversial ones), or post a thread about a touchy subject.

Most new people will at least say "hello" and look at the flavor of the forum before jumping into the fire. :-|
Not necessarily--when I joined my first forum I was looking for opinions on I don't even remember what now, but it was for a purpose to get feedback from others from many different backgrounds. It wasn't suppose to be a place to socialize, and I'll be honest, when I first joined did not know you could search forum to "feel the flavor" nor realized that I was jumping into a "fire".

But on topic, I agree with you that Paul doesn't use abusive methods with his "Hybrid Horsemanship" like speculated with some and that it is adapted to create manageable racehorses in a "time-is-money" type industry. Though I have been curious as to what ACTUALLY happens when he preforms the "TAP" and would have thought that this would have been a forum that maybe someone that had have figured out or had previous knowledge to lend some insight.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I don't even know what exactly it is. That's why I started the thread linked a few posts ago. I can't be impressed or unimpressed since it is apperantely a closely held secret unless you send him $49.99 plus shipping and handling.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
"
Hybrid Horsemanship is a common sense approach to horse riding developed by professional horse trainer Paul Williamson. Hybrid Horsemanship is short for a delicate blend of the best from Natural Horsemanship with a blast from the past in the form of the most gentle and effective old-school methods of horse training.
Hybrid Horsemanship is a completely non-aggressive and cleverly simplified approach to horses. There are no fancy gimmicks, no levels to complete, no must-haves, and no maps or charts. It’s entirely religion-free and based solely on the love of horses and horse riding with great emphasis on safety for both horse and rider."

That's what I took from his website. The thing that confused me the most, was the horse was already was jumpy and hot and the guy leading him was just asking for him to be even more crazy because of how fast he was walking and the whole situation wasn't calm... Idk

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Not to mention if you look at his pictures on his website not one of those horses look calm and relaxed...

Maybe that is because all he gets are the "hot" ones and the ones that can't be handled by the majority of people or have some sort of issue aggravated by bad handling or the horse's nature.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Maybe that is because all he gets are the "hot" ones and the ones that can't be handled by the majority of people or have some sort of issue aggravated by bad handling or the horse's nature.
Maybe, but don't you think if that were the case atlest one horse would look relaxed? The only horse on his site I see semi-relaxed are the ones that are out in the paddock. Then again they are all race horses..
HYBRID HORSEMANSHIP - About Hybrid Horsemanship

·
Banned
5,526 Posts
Maybe, but don't you think if that were the case atlest one horse would look relaxed? The only horse on his site I see semi-relaxed are the ones that are out in the paddock. Then again they are all race horses..
HYBRID HORSEMANSHIP - About Hybrid Horsemanship
I have seen you make cart blanch statements a few times on this forum with little or no research and you do seem to just go off the handle as your emotions dictate. In this case looking at 2 or 3 pictures out of the dozen or more posted on his site does constitute virtually all are not relaxed.

Maybe you need to see an eye doctor?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
goodness gracious :shock: I joined HF for the soul purpose to see what people think of this, iv never been on something like this before so i hadnt any idea of this topic being warn out. I just wanted to know other people's opinions. I was curious

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I'd like to hear opinions too Powerstroke, I went on his site and had a variety of mixed thoughts about what I saw and read, would love to hear what others thought.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
^I've said what I've thought about hybrid horsemanship, but apparently I need to get my eyes checked. I do like the concept of hybrid horsemanship, but I'm still unsure.

I have seen you make cart blanch statements a few times on this forum with little or no research and you do seem to just go off the handle as your emotions dictate. In this case looking at 2 or 3 pictures out of the dozen or more posted on his site does constitute virtually all are not relaxed.

Maybe you need to see an eye doctor?

:shock: I'm not the one going off the handle here . I'm sorry if you don't agree with my opinion, nor do I care. I'll go back and re-read all my posts to see where my, "emotions dictate."

It's not rocket science, nor do I need to research to see what a relaxed horse looks like. I'll get right on the eye doctor thing :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.