The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had Hylke out today. He is SUCH a treat hound.

I put him up in cross tied and groomed him all up. Picked out his tail nice and tangle free. Mane is so long and thick! I put some moisturizer in it and braided it up in several braids and then his forelock too!

Then we stepped outside in this AMAZING AWESOME SUPER GREAT weather to snap a few photos.

I ADORE this little Spanish Walk he does. Though he's not walking forward when I ask him to do the step I still love it. Can't wait to see if I can get him to do this from the saddle and move forward with each big step! We'll start working on that as soon as it stops pouring.

He is so so cute! With a very gentle nudge at the elbow he'll pop each leg WAY OUT and reach! Such a good boy. By April or May hopefully he'll be doing a big reach out Spanish Walk with the forward action. Then Keegan will be home and I'll con my boyfriend into coming out and filming Keegan and Hylke marching around like soldiers.

My boyfriend John holding him for me. John hates horses.

Before I left I snapped one last photo of Hylke saying "Ya'll come back now!"

He is really just TOO sweet!

·
Registered
657 Posts
How would anyone be able to hate that gorgeous horse lol... I am in love!

·
Registered
822 Posts
haha I LOVE the expression on your boyfriend's face in the fourth photo! Great pictures, as usual :). I love the first one! Hylke's so handsome/cute!

·
Registered
627 Posts
If only there was some way I could hop on through cyberspace and give that big old fuzzy mug some cuddling!

The third pic of your BF and Hylke made me chuckle. It's a shame he's not a horse person, although it seems Hylke likes him enough, lol.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
He is such a beautiful boy. We were trying to teach Piper the Spanish walk yesterday. lol

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
He is way too gorgeous! I want!!!! Lol! :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hylke is a very handsome boy. Looks like an absolute sweet-heart.

Please be sure to get vids or even pictures of Keegan and Hylke together, that would just be amazing. :D

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
If only there was some way I could hop on through cyberspace and give that big old fuzzy mug some cuddling!

The third pic of your BF and Hylke made me chuckle. It's a shame he's not a horse person, although it seems Hylke likes him enough, lol.
I'll give him an extra snuggle for you. His coat is so thick and soft, it's not a hard thing to endure! Hylke loves John. All horses love John. That's what kills me.

He is such a beautiful boy. We were trying to teach Piper the Spanish walk yesterday. lol
Awesome! How did it go? It'll take a while. Be patient!

He is way too gorgeous! I want!!!! Lol! :D
He is! I can't wait till it warms up and dries out. It's so cold and wet. :(

Hes he yours?
No, I stole him.

Hylke is a very handsome boy. Looks like an absolute sweet-heart.

Please be sure to get vids or even pictures of Keegan and Hylke together, that would just be amazing. :D
It probably won't be for a while and of course it'll be with each and a rider since Keegan is a stallion. He won't be back to the farm till April.

Hylke is a total sweet heart! I adore him.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I love his face!!! He's got such a sweet, adorable expression... I think I'm in love. :lol:

·
Registered
675 Posts
It was a joke. You could try and lighten up a little?
Ok, well maybe you should have posted your joke with an answer, i dont know but seems like the more polite thing to do. I apilogize for not understanding your light and airy humor. :wink::D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Gorgeous boy! I've always had a thing for black horses.

And it's true - the cats all seem to know & seek out those with the allergies...and horses like those who don't like them! The last pic of your boyfriend with him was a good one.

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
Outstanding horse, always beautiful photos. When are you planning to start this boy?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Outstanding horse, always beautiful photos. When are you planning to start this boy?

Start? Like break? He's long since broke. He knows how to side pass and do a Spanish Walk. Of course I'm having to slowly remind him, he is rusty.

We ride three times a week for 30 minutes. Getting him fit again, and since he's so wooly and it's so cold I don't need him getting sopping wet and he is a sweater. *lol at myself*

I just got him a new saddlepad. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts