The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Just really nervous right now, I am about to start to look for my birth parents, I was adopted when I was 18 months old. I love my mom who adopted me 17 years ago but now that I am of legal age to communicate and find either parent I am really wanting to. I am just worried I am going to be uprooting alot of problems not only for myself but for my oldest sister. She is now 26 but was in the home with my birth mother till she was 7.

SO if you wondering about my story and why i was adopted here it goes.

My bith mother was sexualy abused when she was a child all through when she was a teen, she has turnned to drugs and alcohol and it killed my little sister. Shedied at 8 months old from the drinking, her brain was littlerly smaller then a golf ball.

After 24 CPS calls on my mother my self and 3 siblings were taken away and pt in the system. I athe youngest (living) and I know i have a even older sister and Iknow her name but know nothing at all about her. Ihave twin brothers and sister, they live ina different state then me and are a year and half older then myself. They were adopted about a year after my or maybea little less.

I was four months old when I was taken from my birth mother and haven't been aloud contact at all. Oh and did I mention we all have different fathers.

We all have affects from our mothers abuse to substances I will not share what there problems are due to their privacy. But when I was taken away with CPS i was taken to the hospital to get checked out, tunned out I was failure to thrive and very very sick. I was also extremely small due to how premature I was. See I was born Nov. 7th of 1991 and my due date was late Jan of '92. Guess you can say I wanted out of her toxic body?

ANyways I was then relased about 6 months later and still alive and now healthy and the Dr.s were so happy. All my sisblings and I went to the same foster home. I was then adopted at 18 months old.

I have numerously been tested for FAS and any learning problems. I do have FAS but its sosmall and a meircal that I dont have to be in any specail classes at school, not saying that schoolisnt extremly hard for me cause it is, i am so happy i am almost doen with school

Anyways I am aboutto leave formy 1st apt with my counsler to start my search for my birthparents.

scared out of my mind:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I hope your birthmother got out of her bad habits then.
Wether you pick to go or not, Good luck!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mom is supportive of what ever i decide on this matter, she knows i need closure and questions answered. She knows she is my mom no matter what and i will always love her. I want to do this cause all my life i have asked myself what does she think about me? why did she not clean up her act or try harder? were is she? has she gotten help? What is she doing? Does she even remember my birthday? or How old I am?

JUst have been wanting to this since i could remember. I have always known i am adopted, nothing to be ashamed about.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
As long as you go in with realistic expectations, I think meeting your birth mom would give you closure which I can certainly understand needing.

Keep close support from your counselor and mom, and again good luck :)

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
HI Just really nervous right now, I am about to start to look for my birth parents, I was adopted when I was 18 months old. I love my mom who adopted me 17 years ago but now that I am of legal age to communicate and find either parent I am really wanting to. I am just worried I am going to be uprooting alot of problems not only for myself but for my oldest sister. She is now 26 but was in the home with my birth mother till she was 7.

SO if you wondering about my story and why i was adopted here it goes.

My bith mother was sexualy abused when she was a child all through when she was a teen, she has turnned to drugs and alcohol and it killed my little sister. Shedied at 8 months old from the drinking, her brain was littlerly smaller then a golf ball.

After 24 CPS calls on my mother my self and 3 siblings were taken away and pt in the system. I athe youngest (living) and I know i have a even older sister and Iknow her name but know nothing at all about her. Ihave twin brothers and sister, they live ina different state then me and are a year and half older then myself. They were adopted about a year after my or maybea little less.

I was four months old when I was taken from my birth mother and haven't been aloud contact at all. Oh and did I mention we all have different fathers.

We all have affects from our mothers abuse to substances I will not share what there problems are due to their privacy. But when I was taken away with CPS i was taken to the hospital to get checked out, tunned out I was failure to thrive and very very sick. I was also extremely small due to how premature I was. See I was born Nov. 7th of 1991 and my due date was late Jan of '92. Guess you can say I wanted out of her toxic body?

ANyways I was then relased about 6 months later and still alive and now healthy and the Dr.s were so happy. All my sisblings and I went to the same foster home. I was then adopted at 18 months old.

I have numerously been tested for FAS and any learning problems. I do have FAS but its sosmall and a meircal that I dont have to be in any specail classes at school, not saying that schoolisnt extremly hard for me cause it is, i am so happy i am almost doen with school

Anyways I am aboutto leave formy 1st apt with my counsler to start my search for my birthparents.

scared out of my mind:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
You are one strong you lady. It sounds like you had quite the childhood but can also see that your adopted parents are some really great parents. You are so fortunate to have had so much support growing up from your family and it sounds like you will get a lot of support in finding what it is you seek.
Good luck kiddo. Hopefully you can put closure to those questions you have. Know that tho most of us don't know what you're going thru, that you will always have anonymous readers around the world willing to give you some words of support.

Good luck with your search.

·
Super Moderator
26,534 Posts
Keep in mind that I'm not sure what answers you will get as your birth mother was obvioulsy a very sick women with her addictions. She would have cared only for the drugs and alcohol at that point. I hope that she cleaned herself up.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep your chin up and when things get dificult, just remember who your REAL family is. (that's the people at home backing you up, the ones that signed on the dotted line and gave you unconditional love).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow good luck. I have no advice I'm sorry. I'm 21 and I think I want to meet my birth family soon as well.

·
Super Moderator
22,658 Posts
Keep in mind that I'm not sure what answers you will get as your birth mother was obvioulsy a very sick women with her addictions. She would have cared only for the drugs and alcohol at that point. I hope that she cleaned herself up.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep your chin up and when things get dificult, just remember who your REAL family is. (that's the people at home backing you up, the ones that signed on the dotted line and gave you unconditional love).
I agree with that and wish good luck to you! You're a brave woman, hope you'll get the answers you're searching for.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I know where you have been. I also was adopted but at the age of 9 years old. Similar story as yours also. I will tell you a little story we were in Wal-Mart my adopted mom and I and my sister yes real sibling. We were standing in the checkout and I noticed my biological mom in front of us and did you know even when he turned around she never noticed us. You real need to be realistic about this even when you meet her if you do she might never recognize you at all. Just being honest here. If you need some more support you can pm here. I know what it is like to want closure. Good luck.

·
Registered
744 Posts
My advice would be to find you siblings and get to know them. I was not adopted, but my family adopted my older sister. She found her birth parents, but it put her going backwards instead of forwards. Stay close to your family.

If you decide to meet your birth mother it may be better to meet your older siblings. They may be able to give you more of a realistic view of your mother. I wish you the best of luck, but please don't let yourself be broken if you can't find her or don't get the closure you need from her. Remember, family isn't always about blood. Family is more about love than anything else. It sounds like you have a lot of love at home, and I hope you do find even more if you meet your birth mother.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts