The Horse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Yes! Me too! I take them for granted sometimes, but I'm so grateful I had the chance to get my horses, even though maybe it was my midlife crisis and I didn't know anything about them when I first got them. They bring me so much happiness, just being around them!

Even my husband, who is not into horses, says that I've been happier and calmer since I got them.

I can't wait until I can take the next step and have them on my own property, and see them every day.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yes, me too. I found them during my "quarter life crisis" (haha) when I had no real hobbies or productive way of spending my time. Of course, it's become much more a lifestyle than a hobby, but that's okay. The dream of owning my own horse within the next 5-10 years also has given me direction and purpose.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Haha, my family gets very sick of my horse talk as well! Right now I am obsessed with getting a new trailer so that is all I talk about. I'm sure it is terribly annoying for everyone.

Especially during this trying time I am so glad to have the horses at home with me. Something to take my mind off this crazy world - although, my horses also do cause me a bit of stress at times too! But overall, they bring me so much joy.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, my family gets very sick of my horse talk as well! Right now I am obsessed with getting a new trailer so that is all I talk about. I'm sure it is terribly annoying for everyone.
I recently got my 11 year old niece hooked - and you know how much 11 year old girls talk. My family is thoroughly fed up - there’s two of us now :smile:

·
Registered
882 Posts
I started riding last year when I was -frankly- in a very bad place. I couldn't really be bothered anymore by much... I guess too many stuff went down during the last few years... I knew I desperately had to do something to fix this. Riding made me see the light again. :) I also get horse therapy, that also helps me alot because without the horses I just couldn't let my walls down, I think this must have been extremely frustrating for all parties involved. Ahem. Animals make me feel safe. :)

oh yeah me and my niece are the only active riders in the family. We blab about horses all the time during every occassion. I am sure our family is totally sick of us ruining every family dinner and every possible moment with horse talk haha. Luckily my grandpa is a horseman too and several of our older family members are fond of bringing back memories about their hunting and riding.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I started riding horses when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I've always been obsessed with horses (as most little girls are) and my parents gifted me with riding lessons!

I was quite a shy kid. My teachers wished I spoke up more in class and overall more "present". I was a smart kid, I knew the answers but tended to keep to myself. I didn't have that many friends due to the fact I was quite withdrawn.

Horses boosted my confidence in ways I couldn't imagine. My parents and teachers saw a huge difference in me. I became more outgoing and started making friends at school and at the riding stable.

Horses are a huge part of my life and I believe they will be for as long as I'm alive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts