The Horse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't know where to begin, because I'm so confused. I hate school, I really don't know who I can trust, I'm confused about guys. Its all just a big mess, so I'll try and explain it the best I can.

Well, I really did like this guy Jacob and we were sorta together, sorta not. And he moved away. :-( And I miss him lots. We used to hang out lots at school and basically that got me through the day cause he'd tell everyone to shut up with the rumours about me.
And he moved away, so everyone kinda just went crazy with the rumours about me and him. I could take that, I'm pretty good with ignoring stuff.

But then today, one of my close friends Ash told her close guy friends, Dylan and Cameron some pretty personal stuff about me and Jake. I just felt really betrayed. I trusted her with that and then she just goes off and tells them. Now Dylan and Cameron haven't told anyone anything so far, but I wouldn't put it past them. They kept trying to talk about the stuff Ash told them to me this afternoon and they were pretty lucky I didn't punch them.

Now I'm a pretty patience easy going girl and I've learnt to ignore stupid rumours and guys but this is just going too far. Over the past year, I've learnt to ignore the guys, the rumours, the snobby girls but I just can't take it anymore.

And to make matters worse, my group is slowly drifting apart. My best friend moved 6 hours away, my other friend rarely turns up to school as she's pretty friendly with the boys, and the others in the group I just don't know. I used to be chatty to everyone, but now I'm the quiet one who only talks when I hear my name or something relating to me. And I guess the people who I bond with the most are my guys friends now, and thats sad because before I really wasn't that type of girl.

My grades are failing too. I used to be ranked within the top 20 of the year but now I'm in the 90s. I don't know, all the stress is just getting to me.

And a lot of people pester me for riding horses or being a farm girl. Normally I ignore the rude innuendos from guys but today it just was too much.

It was just all too much today. I couldn't take it. I don't know why, but today I just fell apart and I don't know how I'll pick up the pieces. I ended up skipping my last lesson and went for a walk with Drew and he helped calm me down. But the funny thing I think I'm starting to like Drew. I'm just so confused and I hate school and everything and its just making me so upset. I just don't know what to do. I wish that everything was the way it was before Jacob and Shay left. :-(

Oh wow, thats pretty long.:-|Cookies if you get through it all!

·
Registered
359 Posts
:(

wow, sounds like everything bad just hit at once.

you'll get throough it though, im sure you have plenty of other friends, explain to them how you feel.

:D

Im here :)

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
Okay first of all a friend who is a true friend doesn't spread secrets about you. SO you talk to her and let her know if she isn't going to keep her mouth SHUT then you wont be telling her anything else.
Also I know how you feel about your best friend moving my best friend moved to South carolina and I live in Texas so its hard on me, but I moved past it and we still talk I now have a few new best-friends.
I'd say your lucky to have guy friends there more easier to get along with and they wouldn't spread gossip if you asked them not to.

Like you said, you dont let the rumors get to you but it kinda sounds like you are.
Just take it one day at a time and you will get through it, I know what its like to be in that typ of mood and feel likee everything is going bad but really things aren't.
Get to know Drew more and more and see if maybe things will go somewere you know?

Everything will be okay and if you need to talk just pm me sometime. :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'm just so confused at the moment. I normally ignore everything but at the moment its just gotten too bad!
The only good this I guess at the moment is Drew lives 2 streets away from me so we hang out each arvo.
But I just can't take school, I wagged 3 out of my 5 classes today. And I went off at this total snob in my group today and everyone was like 'Oh, don't mess with Sarah' or 'Sarah's cute when's she's angry' and it was just so annoying.
I hate school. I really do. I'm seriously considering doing distance education.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Well, there is no doubt about it...SCHOOL SUCKS! And it is really hard on kids because a lot of kids are just soooo mean. Now, about your 'friend' Ash...she is NOT your friend. If she is going to tell people about your personal life, you need to stop talking to her and push her out of your life because you don't need her. As for Jacob, I'm really sorry to hear that he moved away, but just remember TIME HEALS EVERYTHING and it's going to be slow but it really does. I had a bunch of issues with people when I was in school too. Here's how I handled one situation...there was this girl who was a total jerk to me (she was one of the 'kool' kids). She wouldn't let me go around her when I had to and one time I had to go behind her to get through to the other side of the desk and she wouldn't move, so I MADE her move. I pushed her chair back upright and made her move for me. Sometimes you've gotta get a little physical to show that you're not going to let anyone mess with you, and they will soon realize that they don't want to mess with you because you will get physical with them. A lot of girls don't expect you to get like that which is why it's a good thing you do. And let me tell you, that girl that I made move, never said or did anything else to me again.

I'm not saying beat anyone up, but definately, don't let them beat you up mentally or physically. You need to be strong and stand up for yourself. Carry your posture high, head up, chest out, and look everyone in the eye when you are talking to them whether it is a good conversation or a nasty one. Eye contact is amazing and the more eye contact you make the more people will back off (if it's a bad situation) or the more they will like you (if your trying to make friends or just a casual conversation). I would type more but my hands are starting to hurt because I have minor carpal tunnel from grooming dogs lol. if you want to know more please send me a PM.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
You just have to take one day at a time. School is one of the most stressful things for people. You're going to have bad days at some point. You can't hold that all in without one day you just explode mad at everybody or break down and cry all day. Everyone has days like that. And as someone mentioned above, time will heal. You just have to keep pushing through, surround yourself with new friends or people.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its just so hard to get through each day at school. I changed schools at the beginning of the year and people thought I was some rich snobby girl who changed from a private school. A lot of rumours went around at the beginning of the year and now its sad to say but I have very friends that I can trust. And sure I'm nice to everyone but I only have about 4 friends who I think I can trust.
Its just so hard when everyone talks about you and spreads some really nasty rumours about you.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I know what you mean. Its very hard to face each day. You'd rather just stay in bed and not face anything that could hurt you or bring you down, but you know what? That's what all they want you to do. It brings a satisfaction to them to see you fail. And that's when you have to step up to the plate even when it hurts and show them that you're better than that. Yes, you may be aching on the inside but do they have to know that?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yerr true Gemini. I guess the part that it really gets to me is at lunch and recess. Most of the girls are pretty nice on their own but when they get together they are just two-faced backstabbers.
So I've rostered myself to do 4 days a week working the school's horses at lunchtime. Its easier to deal with them when I'm in a rush and have something to do.

And me and Drew are becoming quite close. I have to say at the moment he is my best bud. So at least I have someone I can rely on.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am so sorry that life seems to be beating you up at the moment.

You sound like a very nice girl and maybe the two faced backstabbers are just jealous and insecure. The ones who are spreading rumors about you are petty and childish. Obviously you have or can do something that they can't. That is their problem.

When I was in school I had zero friends because all of my spare time was spent at the barn. I lived in a large city and all of the kids I went to school with were into hanging out at the mall, going cruising or football. Later I found out they were jealous that I had a horse and could ride when ever I wanted to. It was easier for them to make fun of the silly farm girl, than admit that I was willing to give up time with boys and movies for something that I loved doing.

So chin up girl life will get much better and always
remember.........................If you have JUST ONE TRUE FRIEND you are quite blessed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts