The Horse Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had my 5th riding lesson today and I got to canter. Man was that fun. Alot easier than the trot and posting. I am so enjoying learning how to ride a horse. Wish I had started earlier in life.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Awesome, and congrats! Cantering was a big milestone for me. The first time I cantered was "accidental." I was having a lungeline lesson on an Arab barrel horse named Bullet (my initial reaction to riding Bullet: :shock:), and he cantered a few strides when I asked for him to step out into his trot. It was another Arab really taught me how to ride the canter well. Trotting will get easier with practice. :wink:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Isn't horse riding the greatest? I personally prefer trotting, but cantering is great too. Just wait until you get to jump, you'll love it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't horse riding the greatest? I personally prefer trotting, but cantering is great too. Just wait until you get to jump, you'll love it!

Horse riding is great..I don't think I will ever jump though..lol.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
That is wonderful, my daughter is taking lessons and started cantering in her last lesson. Just for a few strides but I could tell she was thrilled, and it gave her a big sense of accomplishment too.
: )

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Awesome! The first time is always the best. The first time I loped was on an old mare named Ally and that same day was the first day I jumped as well. We loped up a hill and there was a tiny log that she decided to jump over. Lol two learning experiences in one day!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
congrats!! better late then never....

you never know about jumping! if you like cantering you might LOOOOOVE jumping!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.