The Horse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys:) So Heidi was looking a little too "mop-like" with her ridiculous amount of hair lol. Now, I usually love love love a long mane...but with her body weight and condition it made her look even worse! You couldn't see the neck to begin with! I decided to chop it and then clean it up so I present to you the before and after pictures :)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

and one just to show how cute she is :) My hubby was in the middle of making a comment on how big her ears are...I think they're CUTE!

So what do you guys think? It was my FIRST time ever doing anything like that so I hope it came out ok!!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Really great job! Shiloh's mane is like that and I just whack it off with scissors. It never looks as good as what you did. Looks like you took some time with it.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Awww, she is a doll. And the cut does make her look much better, you can actuallu see her lil neck now. I think the short "bob" look to it kind of just fits her... And Tom has hugeo ears too, I think they are cute.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I think she looks adorable! You did a great job.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys :) I have Rheumatoid Arthritis even though I'm only 22...but I can't 'pull' a mane the traditional way so I cut it with scissors to get most of the length off and then used a razor pull for the rest of the way. I'm going to thin it out a bit more towards her poll because that's the thickest area, but I thought it came out pretty decent for my first try lol!

I do like her 'radar ears' too, gives her personality :)

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Very cute indeed :D

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Alot better than I can ever manage to do! :)

She's super cute, I just can't wait to see her with weight on, I think she is going to be stunning. Right now she makes me want to cry.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Aww, she's super cute and is going to be adorable with a lot more weight on her :)

You did a great job with her mane! It is very even and neat.

·
Registered
475 Posts
hahahaha your husband looks THRILLED in that first picture. lol.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Very cute!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts