The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I cut my minis tail off, well most of it anyway. It dragged the ground about 4 inches and he started stepping on it, even braided! So I decided to cut it off just above his hocks(about 14-16ish inches). and I'm going to be making bracelets for my close friends and family =) He grows tail so fast I'm not worried about him not having a fly swatter for spring (or new bracelets next winter XD jk)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I guess it makes sense that his hair seems to grow "faster" given that it has less distance to cover before reaching the ground. I assume that a mini's hair grows at the same rate as your average horse. All things considered, you probably hacked off hardly more than I took off of my horses this fall, although their tails still reach down to a couple inches above their fetlocks.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Now he looks like a wee mini Belgian! : )

Personally, I trim tails back (but not that short) in the winter. By late spring they are back to a good length. I just hate tails dragging around in the grass and leaves and wet earth (mud).

·
Registered
325 Posts
He's so fluffy!!! Love it :)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
At first I was like "Oh dear no, what a beautiful tail!"
But then I got to see the picture of the mini-Belgian, and I fell in love! He's super cute!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.