The Horse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi my name is Eddie and I am addicted to horses.
At 52 years old I had almost no experience with horses and no desire to learn.
My daughter had other ideas.

It all started with the My Little pony cartoons. Then someone bought her a horse book with lots of pictures. Add 4-5 years and almost all of her library and television choices revolve around horse stuff.
Late summer 2019 she began to ask for riding lessons. On her second lesson she asked the teacher to show her how to pick/clean the horses hooves, this is the point I began to realize we were in for a long ride.
Being the dutiful Dad I figured I better learn something about this equine beast I was hearing so much about. Well it seems my daughters horse affliction was a genetic defect. The knowledge I gained activated this defect in my DNA.
My backyard is a pasture and my home gym is a barn. Yep I'm an addict.

I'm Eddie and our horse is Honey, we are from South Carolina.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hi my name is Eddie and I am addicted to horses.
At 52 years old I had almost no experience with horses and no desire to learn.
My daughter had other ideas.

It all started with the My Little pony cartoons. Then someone bought her a horse book with lots of pictures. Add 4-5 years and almost all of her library and television choices revolve around horse stuff.
Late summer 2019 she began to ask for riding lessons. On her second lesson she asked the teacher to show her how to pick/clean the horses hooves, this is the point I began to realize we were in for a long ride.
Being the dutiful Dad I figured I better learn something about this equine beast I was hearing so much about. Well it seems my daughters horse affliction was a genetic defect. The knowledge I gained activated this defect in my DNA.
My backyard is a pasture and my home gym is a barn. Yep I'm an addict.

I'm Eddie and our horse is Honey, we are from South Carolina.
Eddie, 40 some years ago I realized my middle daughter and I were growing apart unlike my oldest and youngest daughter. She got interested in horses so I felt the best way for her and I to bond was for me to get into horses with her. It worked very well and the other two girls got interested too so it became a family thing. It hooked me big time. My daughters range from 43 to 49 and now the oldest daughter's youngest is hooked on horses so I'm back into them too. Horses have become so rooted in our family there will always be a connection. I took a 15 year hiatus but, I'm full swing again training a 3 yo filly. Best thing I ever did. I'm retired so it gives me another good hobby. We've done about everything western we could with them. Several trips to the mountains in Colorado, camping, hunting, girls did drill team in 4H, many parades , lots of trail rides, cattle gatherings/brandings , cattle penning's. You name it we've been on it. Great life, God has blessed me with ranch life, great family and an understanding wife. Who could ask for more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts