The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today the vet is finally coming to look over the new horse bailey.
i can't be there for the visit bc of work but i have this horrible feeling i am forgetting to tell my mom something to discuss with the vet.
i sat down yesterday with my mom explaining what the vet was gonna do and i even wrote it out for her just in case she forgot something.
i hate when i get this feeling bc it usually is right. err..
so here is my checklist for the vet for today pls feel free to add to it as i already am freaking out.

list
- full exam - heart, lungs, etc
- vaccines
- coggins
- skin scraping
- look at cuts around his tail that aren't healing to my satisfaction
- weird bumps on the side of his spine like hives
- blood work

- i am waiting a month or 2 to have the vet back to do: sheath cleanings on all the geldings as someones post earlier has me scared i am missing the bean :/ and i will have all the teeth floated at the same time as they will be sedated.

what am i missing???

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
wow. I'm a bad horse owner, I never write lists xD
If something is wrong I call the vet if my trainer can't help, and if its jab time, I ask the vet if there is anything else that needs doing!

Whats coggins?

Wormer?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coggins is a test for EQUINE INFECTIOUS ANEMIA if i am not mistaken. every horse in the US needs one for each horse if transporting outside there facility to a show, trail, etc.
hahaa i am a bit nutty when it comes to remembering things. i always seem to forget important things and remember things that aren't important :)

**** your right i forget to collect his droppings to be tested for worms. that should be easy to get. thank you duffy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.