The Horse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mhm :) Yesterday I jumped Brook 3'6". I didn't even know the height until after my lesson, haha. (thank god, or else I may have panicked).

We were jumping gymnastics and my trainer just kept asking me if I wanted to go higher....I said yes, and we got up to 3'6"!!!

(last week I could barely get Leo over 2' - just goes to show you how much the horse affects the rider, eh?)

here's the video of our last time through...we took down the second to last jump (3') but cleared the final one. I have more video from the rest of my lesson, but I won't bore you with it.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
yay ! great job =D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
^^ LOL depends on how tall your horse is !

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ LOL depends on how tall your horse is !
haha it really does! Brook is BIG (i'm 5'9") and the jumps didn't feel enormous, but then I jumped 2'9" on a little pony and it felt HUGE!

·
Registered
140 Posts
good job!! at the beginning of this year, our trainer had me and my friend jump 2'3 courses which was really boring but we had to get our position and approach and stuff to the jump correctly but the other day we did a 2'9 course with a 3ft jump! Also we school 3'3 courses outside of our lesson too.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yaaay! Good for you! Jumping high terrifys me, but I still do it, I must be nuts lol

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
well done! and btw you made really good shape over it, from what i could see :)

·
Banned
1,994 Posts
Yay great job :D i cant wait to get there :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts