Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased a horse!
I've been hmming and hawing over it all winter and I finally decided to commit.
I work for a summer camp and my boss has been offering for me to take one of the newer horses home with me for awhile now. I kept convincing myself I couldn't afford it. (Even though I definitely could have, I was just airing on the side of caution, I wasn't sure my savings account could handle an emergency vet bill!) ANYWAY, I met "Fanny" back in September and fell in love with her right away! She hasn't been doing much but munching on a round bale so she's a HEIFER. (Camp is an hour away, so I don't get to go out much.) We've starting a workout routine and diet and we're aiming for our first Mini-Trial in May.

She came to town on Friday and it's been a blast so far! It's a shame I waited so long, but three months is better than nothing!!

(Pictures are from September, will get more recent ones soon!)

Her massive head (Good thing it's got a cute face on it!)

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
She's cute!! I love how her markings on her back are in the shape of a saddle, haha.
I had to go back and see. You're right! ... and it's in about the right place too. Wow, a horse that comes with directions on saddle placement.:D

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
She's adorable! Congrats!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had to go back and see. You're right! ... and it's in about the right place too. Wow, a horse that comes with directions on saddle placement.:D
ahahahah!!! I hadn't noticed that either. I guess I lucked out on that one, huh?

FehrGround, she's registered as an "American Warmblood", we have a running joke around here that that means we don't know what she is!

It may say her cross on her papers, I'll have to take a look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.