The Horse Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
OMG. Wow.

I'll say it again: OMG. Wow.

Do you get disqualified if you come off while eventing? Is that why the rider was so determined to stick on like that?

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
OMGOSH.....I was clenching in my seat while watching that! Got goose bumps when she made it. That's awesome.

Yes, you do get disqualified if you fall off. Which really sucks since you've already put in a day of dressage before cross country day.

·
Registered
16,205 Posts
That was epic! Good horse to just stand there, too. :)

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
Yup, as long as your foot doesn't touch the ground, all you lose is time. Karen put up a great struggle!! What a great horse to not have taken advantage of it or getting scared.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
That was AWESOME!! TFP!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
That was soooo close to being a MR!

But way to go Karen!

·
Registered
49,438 Posts
I was thinking, if that was me, what would plan B be? It looked like her foot was caught in the stirrup on the off side, and that scares the bejeezus out of me.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
HaHa, That was amazing. What a good horse and what body strength the rider has to do that.

·
Registered
10,742 Posts
I was thinking, if that was me, what would plan B be? It looked like her foot was caught in the stirrup on the off side, and that scares the bejeezus out of me.
It was. I saw it the second time I watched it. At first I thought she was holding on to the far side rein and that is what was keeping her from going splat, but on second view you can see her off leg is hung up in the iron and that is why at first she looks like she is dangling.
She realized her foot was still in the stirrup and used that to help for leverage.
Still amazing though she made it back on.
I would have gone Kerrr-Splat!

·
Registered
446 Posts
:shock:
Talent.
That is a saint of a horse and a very determined rider. I wish I had that kind of upper body strength going on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts