The Horse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh heh, my 2 year old got her very first bath today! And was she EVER unimpressed when we started. We had quite the riot getting her used to the hose (on a very fine mist mode, but you would have sworn Satan was riding an orange pumpkin and jabbing her with a pitchfork). Soaping her down went fine, she enjoyed that, and for rinse mode, she snorted and pranced a bit and then stood stock still for me to spray her all over and scrub with my hands! So I'm very happy with her.

Also, anyone who's been following her conformation threads, I am finally happy with her weight! I think she's looking perfect now, she just needs more muscle which we're working on with lunging!

Just for the record, for anyone who hasn't seen her, this is what she looked like when I purchased her about 2.5 months ago. I know it was winter and she was shaggy, but still, I'm loving the difference!

And what she looks like now, after her refreshing bath!

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Wow, I almost had to look away she is so blindingly white! :D She looks fabulous, nice job.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Love the satan riding an orange pumpkin connotation...very original!!! :D

Your girl looks fantastic after her bath! Great job!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wow!! She looks great. So, did she roll in the dirt afterwards? That's what my Paint did after spending a lot of time and elbow grease to get him clean. I almost cried. ;)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whoa! LOL, delayed response? *giggles* I posted this months ago!

In answer to the questions, I am sickened and disgusted in the ownership of such a grossly white horse. I use some sort of stupid pointless "stain repellent!" shampoo on her and if you can't tell, I'm a liiiiiiiiittle bit bitter since she was absolutely covered in dirt and manure stains the next DAY.

So we've come to the agreement she can continue looking like a mudball. It was fun having a shiny while it lasted :roll:

Does anyone have any tips? I'm really assuming there's nothing I can do seeing as she's not a show horse, she doesn't wear a sheet and we don't have a barn. Even when it's dry, she's so white, the dirt stains her coat like I didn't even think was possible. I can curry the actual dirt off her, but the stains won't budge unless I bath her. Which just isn't happening weekly for a 2 year old backyard pony, she can stay dirty, LMAO.

·
Registered
22,320 Posts
We're just a little bit behind. LOL. I can't really suggest anything to help keep her clean, dirt is just the bane of paint and white horses. ROFLMAO!!

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
I love when my Paint mare is clean. I just love how much the black shines and the white glows. =] She's beautiful, and looks amazing and healthy.

As far as keeping them clean... my mare is pretty clean by choice. She doesn't roll unless she is soaking wet, and she only hits the dirt to sleep. I've never had manure stains on her. I know there's a "green spot" something or other that works really well to clean off manure stains. Just spray it on and wipe with a towel. I also find that since my horse is white AND black, the black makes the white look much whiter than it really is. =]

·
Registered
492 Posts
Does anyone have any tips?
Yeah, don't look. :lol:

I've given up keeping Toby sparkling white. I brush him out to get the main dirt off of him, but that's all I'm doing. It's too heartbreaking otherwise. :wink:

I had spent an hour grooming him and this is how he thanked me

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
*giggles*

Thanks guys! She's definately one of those natural borne "pig" horses. Which is just awesome, seeing as my Arab mare is to (luckily she's chestnut and just doesn't stain the way a white one does). I swear, the seek OUT mud puddles to roll in. My Arab mare has actually made my jaw drop before. Anytime it rains, she will be by FAR the filthiest thing standing in the pasture. I think she has a paint brush hidden in the pasture and gets the other horses to coat her up when she knows I'm coming out just to see the look on my face :roll:

I'll worry about sparkles when she's a show pony :lol: Until then, I'll just pretend my minimal color pinto is actually a minimal white pinto, LOL.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
When I saw this post I was inspired to make myself a shiny too! :wink:

But my B&W girl is also a mud hog...I groom, she rolls, I groom, she rolls. There's just nothing to be done but grin and bear it! Or spend all your time grooming...and grooming... and grooming. hehehehehe

Your girl is gorgeous...either way!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts